Burned display on my URAL headunit....

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Audiophiliac

Burned display on my URAL headunit....

Post by Audiophiliac »

Well yesterday I went to turn on the tunes to go to work and I hear sound, but no display on the URAL. So I start playing with it after work and it functions fine, but the display is dead. Tonight after work I am driving home listening to music and it starts to smell like burning. I didnt know what it was....until I got home and realized it was the face of the headunit. I took it off and opened it. Sure enough....there is a small piece that is burnt inside the display. Hopefully it is easy to get a replacement through ED or Ural....here are some cool pics.
Attachments
DSC01278.JPG
DSC01278.JPG (30.76 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
DSC01280.JPG
DSC01280.JPG (32.27 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i dont want to say i told you so....but..... :P
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Mastiff
French Poodle

Post by Mastiff »

eDUH should get that taken care of for you.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

I feel for ya man!! This unit looked sooooooo damn tempting when it first came out, but I was turned off by the fact that ed had anything to do with it. I wish you luck, many people have had problems with ed, I really hope you not one of them.

BTW, in case you can't tell, I'm not a fan of anything ed. I really hope there is a positive resolution in your future! :wink:
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I could care less what anyone else thinks of ED. Doesnt effect me one bit. :)

I bought 2 EU700 6.5" subs from them and still use them they sound so good.

I am still going to use the Ural....its not the end of the world. Things break. No biggie. At least my car didnt start on fire. As long as I can get it taken care of in a timely manner (I dont want to have to re-wire for one of my Eclipse dust collectors), I will be happy with it. I still am waiting to get my hands on the ATAPI hard drive enclosure to use with it.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i was just flippin you shit. my buddys kenwood x590's lcd burned up last night....
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Well I finally heard back from ED. The service guy wasnt around for the group buy so he is looking into it. But I got too impatient and put my Eclipse 8053 back in today. And in the process discovered that my ignition switch is on its last breath. A spray of CLP helped a little, but it needs replaced :(....but the Eclipse is sounding nice and familiar. :) anyone want to buy a Ural? lol....j/k
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

aaaaaaand, the Eclipse sounds better so I think it might stay for now. :)

I didnt notice it as much when I switched to the Ural from the 8053, but switching back is night and day. Yay for me!...boo for my ignition switch. :evil: