made to length rcas

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

made to length rcas

Post by ttocs »

I am going to pull the trigger on the impring and 232 combo and will need to run new rcas from the 232 to the amp, and do not want to have 10 ft balled up under the rear seat. Anyone have a link to the cables and ends so we can make our own? I worked at one shop that had a special high current primary wire that was sweet to twist up as many pair as you needed color coded and all and just wish I had acces to that wire panel again....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

what are ends of the balanced cables called, can't seem to find them or a good enough picture to see what it is. When I do a search for balanced cables it just comes up with guitar cables and such.
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

Does it have the mini din style or the clip in cat5 style connector???
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

The 232 has an RJ-45 jack. You need an RJ-45 plug, for which you need a crimper to properly make.

See http://download.phoenixphorum.com/TechSupport/xbc.pdf for more info.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

:idiot: I was thinking 230 :idiot:
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have a buddy that has the crimpers and runs cable so that should be easy. I was hoping it was one of those cables but only got to use them installing occasionally.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am suprised that after a day of searching I really cant find any good cable to make the rca's out of? I really do not want to go the way of the twisted primary wire because while it works I just never liked the look of it.

I have been lookin at these but again I just hate having extra wire to find a place to hide.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaste ... tegory=mKs RCA Cables
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Man I think I have lexdysia (dyslexia)

I read the title and thought it said "made to length cars" and the sad part is I haven't even had a drink yet. :shock:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

puff puff pass, yer fuckin up the rotation....

After some serching I found a place that has good quality microphone cable that will work as well as some nice monster rca connectors. I am thinking blue cables with a clear tech-flex would make them tough and good lookin.
todd217

Post by todd217 »

why dont you just find a deal on longer cables with nice ends and shorten them.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

totalling it all up with techflex, cable(plus some extra), rca's(a few extra as well) I can build some killer cables made to fit for aound $70. This will leave me plenty of extra techflex, a little extra cable as well as rca ends if I should need to make any more.

I thought about your idea as i have done it before but I hate de-soldering the ends and then re-using them as they always end up messier then I would like. I looked at some karma cables at knu and when I totalled them up the cables I needed would have been close to $100 with shipping, and been left with a ball of wire somewhere.

I also think these will look better with the blue/clear and some nice monster ends. I could order enough to do a few others if anyone else is wanting custom lenth cables, make ya a good deal if ya want.
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

Have you looked at Planet Waves stuff? I got the cable and the ends at my local electronic store, and I really like them. Good looking connectors, very easy to work with, cable by the foot, I like it.

http://store.daddario.com/category/152020/ST_Connectors

http://store.daddario.com/category/1520 ... lk_HD_Coax

I got the connectors for $2.50/ea and the cable for $1.50/ft. I really like it. For connecting amps together where all you need is like 1.75', it works great. I don't know if there is a dealer that sells the stuff around you, but might be something to look at...
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro