Tuning a ZX475

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
unkljon

Tuning a ZX475

Post by unkljon »

Hello,
New to the forum, Sorry if this post has been submitted already.

I have a ZX475-

I have dials>>
FRONT SETTINGS
Frequency ranging from 40-800
Config-REAR,LP,BY,LP,HP,FRONT
FREQ-X10
BASS --0-18
SENS 6-.2

REAR SETTINGS
INPUT SELECT - 3,R,F
CONFIG. REAR, 3way,LP,BP,LP,BY,LP,HP, just goes around in a dial like that

FREQ 40-800

and
SENS 6-.2
BASS 0-18

Does anyone have an idea , or can just give me a heads up on how to set these?

I don't have the time with school, work, everything else to custom tune it.

I have a kenwood amp driving a Alpine R 12
This phoenix gold amp is powering my infinty kapa's for the front and rear and that only.

Any pointers are much appreciated
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

Pay someone to properly install the amp. How its setup depends on your setup and your speakers and what you want it to do. If that is too time consuming then pay a local installer to take his time to set it up correctly :)
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

is the amp getting front and rear rca's in or just front?

your conig should be HP/HP

to tune the sensetiviy, turn it all the way down. next turn yout head unit ~80-90% up. now slowly increase the sens until you hear distortion, then back up just a bit.

your crossover is kind of a personal taste setting. to tune it turn it up over 100hz, then put in a bass heavy track and turn the volume slightly louder then you would normaly listen to it. slowly lower your corssover point until you can start to hear distortion, then back up again. hopefully it should be around 80 or lower.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Oh boy I have had some fun with these settings as the Ti500.4 uses just about the same ones...We can all help but we need to know how you are running it. 1 set of RCAs for the front stage, or 2 sets for the front and the rear.
Rides History-www.cardomain.com/id/HotColt22

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
unkljon

Post by unkljon »

Phoenixcolt wrote:Oh boy I have had some fun with these settings as the Ti500.4 uses just about the same ones...We can all help but we need to know how you are running it. 1 set of RCAs for the front stage, or 2 sets for the front and the rear.
Two sets of RCA;s

One set for front and another set for the rear
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Ok...then as far as the F R 3 switch goes, you can leave it on R.

I don't know what the kappas can handle for frequencies but I would say for the front, turn the switch to HP of course, set it somewhere between 40 and 110...probably about half way between should be close to 60 or 70 Hz which should be safe for kappas I assume. You will not need to depress the x10 button from what I am understanding as your system setup.

Adjust the rears to HP as well and set them at the same frequency.

I would adjust the gains(sens) the way Fowler described above. I would not mess with the bass boost knobs though.

The reason I am saying to around 60 or 70 Hz is because ur sub will take care of the really low stuff.

Hope this is helpful but please post if there is anything else I can clear up. Were they Kappa coaxials or components?
Rides History-www.cardomain.com/id/HotColt22

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
unkljon

Post by unkljon »

Phoenixcolt wrote:Ok...then as far as the F R 3 switch goes, you can leave it on R.

I don't know what the kappas can handle for frequencies but I would say for the front, turn the switch to HP of course, set it somewhere between 40 and 110...probably about half way between should be close to 60 or 70 Hz which should be safe for kappas I assume. You will not need to depress the x10 button from what I am understanding as your system setup.

Adjust the rears to HP as well and set them at the same frequency.

I would adjust the gains(sens) the way Fowler described above. I would not mess with the bass boost knobs though.

The reason I am saying to around 60 or 70 Hz is because ur sub will take care of the really low stuff.

Hope this is helpful but please post if there is anything else I can clear up. Were they Kappa coaxials or components?
Hey there,
BTW THANKS! Really appreciate everyone responding and giving me help, definitely appreciate it.

And they are co-axs , Think they are like 110 RMS, decent speakers. Again, I'm not entering any competitions, but for what I want, just good clean sound, its does the trick