sa1.4x

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Killa_Cam

sa1.4x

Post by Killa_Cam »

hows the sq? and do you know if they were built good, due to them being entry level? i can get one for 100(im gonna try and knock the price down!!!), is that reasonable? thanks for any help from the pg experts :mrgreen:
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

the sapphire series does have a fairly good amount of sq im willing to say much better than most other brand amps have. in fact i hooked a 1.4x up for a friend of mine on some infinity kappa 5 1/4 and i was blown away so i went to go buy one my self. well i got to the stereo shop and found that my friend just bought the last sapphire amp so i got a qx amp instead and the qx did not compare to the sapphire at all as far as sq goes ah i guess the bass was good but i wanted it for highs.
Killa_Cam

Post by Killa_Cam »

so it's a pretty good amp then? my plan is to hoard it until i can get another car for an install and run it with a x1200.1. that should be an alright system if the amp can sing.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

sooo entry level. I bought a v nice Ti for a 100 a few months back If it's 50 ok but a 100 is waaay too much.
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

its not a $100 amp for sure,

there is a NICE xs2300 on the bay right now for half of that.

a x1200.1 would overpower it by a huge difference.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

i wouldnt call the sapphire series entry level maybe the qx series or rival amps are but the sound from the sapphire series is very good comparied to other brand amps. sure its not competion level but the sound is somewhat impressive ive got a 3.0x and it comes in handy when i need an amp that doesnt need hover damn to power it.
Killa_Cam

Post by Killa_Cam »

i was thinking it is kinda overpriced because i picked up my zx600 for $75 last year(guy wanted 180, but i'm a pretty good bullshitter lol). i called the guy and he wouldn't go down, so now my journey has ended haha. thanks for all the input guys.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I would rate saphire above the xs, but the ryval line had the lowest return rate of any amp they made, or something like tha....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

ttocs wrote:I would rate saphire above the xs, but the ryval line had the lowest return rate of any amp they made, or something like tha....
i would say the same but i would say the sapphire beats the xs for sq but the xs beats the sapphire for spl i dont know how the ryval would rank in at this level but im sure their not bad sounding amps.
GX3

Post by GX3 »

is the 1.4 white or is it the blue/purple color????
ZX950 X2 1 blk 1 wht
MS1KTA black NIC
MS1KTA white NIB
MS2250TA (x3) 1 in Blue 1 in Red
MS2125TA
MAC200 NIB
MS275 (x2) 1 NIB
MPS2240 NIB
Tantrum 500.2 (x2)
SA1.0 (x2)
ZPA 0.5 X2
ZPA 0.3 X3
Ti DD10 ............
Killa_Cam

Post by Killa_Cam »

it's the white one, if you're interested i'll shoot u the link(i'm no longer interested i need to put a new battery in, before i buy another amp... :mrgreen:)