Looking for an XVR-14 or XVR-4

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Navy Chief

Looking for an XVR-14 or XVR-4

Post by Navy Chief »

Does anyone in here know where I can get my hands on either an XVR-14 or an XVR-4 passive crossover. Does PG still sell these anywhere, anybody selling one.
gbody805

Post by gbody805 »

Those are older and you'll only find them on the secondary market.

Your best bet is too keep your WTB in the buy/sell section active.
Kenwood H/U
Elite 961
Elite 61
2X Xmax 15"
2X Ti elite 12D
2X Ti 600.2
Ti 1000.2
Ti 800.1
2X Ti1200.1
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

there was one on ebay 2 weeks ago. seller was asking $250 i believe. it was actually the first time i had ever seen one. not sure which model it was. It was designed to run a 2 ohm sub and 4 ohm front stereo.
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I have one........... :mrgreen:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

I HAD one :(
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I saw one once :D
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

I have one, although im not sure which one it is, I think its 4 ohm, but not 100% sure
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Sent you a PM with info.....

Mine is an XVR14.... I'd let it go fairly cheap........
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

those things couldn't be given away for 20.00 at the last sale, before warehouse closed- I cannot for the life of me figure out a practical application for them- I know what/how, but it seemed lame- I suppose if you couldn't not afford another amplifier, or you were maxed out on current...
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

davewaibel wrote:those things couldn't be given away for 20.00 at the last sale, before warehouse closed- I cannot for the life of me figure out a practical application for them- I know what/how, but it seemed lame- I suppose if you couldn't not afford another amplifier, or you were maxed out on current...
That's because nobody knows how to use them Dave........

And I believe you are the only one here with a system of such calibur.....
Well, maybe Wakeup's system but he's not running the amount of power and woofers you are.....

To be honest, I like seeing installs using things like this because it shows off some 12V knowledge..... The last install I saw that used an XVR was in a bug off an MS2125......
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

They sure look nice though I won't get rid of mine.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
Navy Chief

Post by Navy Chief »

davewaibel wrote:those things couldn't be given away for 20.00 at the last sale, before warehouse closed- I cannot for the life of me figure out a practical application for them- I know what/how, but it seemed lame- I suppose if you couldn't not afford another amplifier, or you were maxed out on current...
I know this is the PG forum but I intend to run this with a 90s era PPI 2350DM, PG is the only company I know that makes a decent tri-mode passive crossover. Also I do know that the XVRs are only rated at 250x2 and I am going to push 350x2 through it. But I do not intend to push the amp to its max by any means, I wanted it for its quality.
tonym

Post by tonym »

welcome to the phorum chief..
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

that extra 100 watts should not be a big deal. Make sure you keep them in a ventalated area though as they may develope more heat with the extra power. I have seen the coild in x-overs get hot enough to melt the plastic case.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Nils

Post by Nils »

I have a XVR12 (2ohm) And I am going to use it :D
BigBrent

XVR12 (2 ohm)

Post by BigBrent »

I have an XVR12 and I am going old school (90's)... using it my little standard cab pickup truck with an M50 and a 2 ohm single 10 inch woofer.. If you shop around, I am sure you can find it more inexpensively. I think I got mine about 5 years ago for 60 bucks.

Brent
money-b

Post by money-b »

heres one on ebay uk.....they do ship to usa....good luck! ................... http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Gold-XVR4-t ... ltDomain_3
ALPINE CDA-9815,ALPINE CDA-7897
TI 500.4,TI 800.1
2 X JL AUDIO W6V2
gbody805

Post by gbody805 »

I have both :mrgreen:

I really don't like to sell anything from my collection but....

PM me if you and H haven't come to a deal.
Kenwood H/U
Elite 961
Elite 61
2X Xmax 15"
2X Ti elite 12D
2X Ti 600.2
Ti 1000.2
Ti 800.1
2X Ti1200.1
Navy Chief

Post by Navy Chief »

You guys have all been really helpful. Thanks to everyone who sent me good leads on finding what I was looking for. I am not currently running any PG gear so I haven't spent lot of time here previously, however this is the most harassment free help I have gotten on a forum site yet. I appreciate forums where there are adults helping other adults make better sound. I have been doing some stalking here in the last few days and I may do some old PG in my next system. I did a system for a friend with an M44 last year and it turned out great. I love 90s car audio and you guys have it by the ton in here keep up the great work. Maybe I'll post some pics of my evil PPI 2350DM amp with my XVR crossover when I get it all done. Anyone know the percentages of distribution with one of these units. I know in theory if I just ran a tri-mode set-up using coils and caps I could theoretically get 350x2 as well as 700x1 all at the same time as long as there is no overlap in the frequency bands. However with the XVR-14 there is multiple frequency overlaps from the front, rear and center anyone know the attenuation of each channel is, the manual doesn't really specify. Also just to throw out a bone, I think I am going to run an old school 18" on the sub channel. Thanks again for the help.