give me some input please

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
CTKNY

give me some input please

Post by CTKNY »

Havent had a real setup in my car in almost 10yrs but im going to make a run at puttin one in my grand cherokee.. and I just wanted to get some input do's and dont's.. I got a pg ti 500.4 and a ti 600.2 and a few 4ga pg power kits.. I wanted to ask about some speakers.. the front doors have 6x9s and the rears are 6-3/4..
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

If you just want a drop-in speaker system, I would go with RSD 6.5 component set front, 6.5 coax rear (if you want rear fill at all), and an RSD 12 subwoofer (or two). The 6x9 mount in the front can easily be made to hold a component set instead. You can mount the tweeters here, or wherever else you prefer.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

That's odd that they put 6x9's up front and round speakers in the rear.
Boomshackalacka
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

Front 6x9's are quite common in Mopar (now Daimler) products but most commonly seem in the Ram Trucks.

If you want a drop in and go setup, the RSd 6x9's are very reputable as well, however the component set allows for better accuracy.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
CTKNY

Post by CTKNY »

cool the front are cheap components now but the twet is in the dash.. So the rsds are good.. thing i leaning mor for 2 -10s in a box for subs..

The only dealers I have in my area are jl and best buy circuit city and Id try to stay away from them as much as posable..

Thanks for the input so far
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

The RSd speakers are a great option across the board and can't be beaten by anything near their price range or far above.
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

You could always pick up 2 10W3's from your local dealer (if the RSD12 isn't avaliable), the ti600 will power it perfectly.

Maybe give Tom's (stipud) Idmax a try, I think he still has it for sale.
CTKNY

Post by CTKNY »

so the rsd 10 sub are a good too?

Last system I bought was back in 94 and it was all fosgate witch at the time I was happy till I heard a Buddie of mines pg car and i was shocked.. so thats why im askin
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

RSd subs took the 4th best sub of the year, last year and it was beaten by a $500 sub and two > $1k subs, however the RSd retails at $169.
CTKNY

Post by CTKNY »

hows titanium series subs ?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Get two RSD 10's. You will not be disappointed.

This would be my personal choice as well. You can fit two 10's in the smallest recommended box for a single 12. They play TIGHT, and with two of them, output should never be an issue.

I had Xmax, Titanium and Xenon subs before. The Xmax are brilliantly loud and tight, but lack low end, and was very aggressive (each bass hit would have a "pang" to it). The Titaniums played decently high and low, but were just boomy in general... I preferred the Xmax. The Xenons played retardedly deep bass, but sucked on high end.

The RSD's are awesome at high end (just as tight as the Xmax, but less "pang" and more accurate), and have nearly the same clarity in low end that the Xenons had. IMHO the RSD's are like the Titanium subs done right.
CTKNY

Post by CTKNY »

cool just got me some speakers.. 2 sets of RSD 6.5 component set and 2 cox... 300 shipped... I guess im going to have to hook my durango up too..

just need 4 rsd 10 is anyone has some