Can I use this to fuse the TLD 66?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Capital_M
Baby on Board

Can I use this to fuse the TLD 66?

Post by Capital_M »

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Produ ... ct=2701281

Just put that inline from the battery like an ANL?
tsonka

Post by tsonka »

That would work fine. Id get rid of the included 5amp fuse though and go with a 15 or 20 amp
Have switched to Home Audio:

Anthem Statement A5
Integra DHC-9.9
Klipsch Refrence II 5.1 set up
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

you can go to best busy and buy a cheap fuse and just make your own inline one...then heat shrink it or tape it up. I did it for the power supply of my DRZ
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
444 FED

Post by 444 FED »

I prefer blade fuses, since the glass fuse is becoming obsolete, getting harder to find.

Plus with teh blad fuse holder when the fuse is removed the connectors are no exposed like many glass fuse holders are or can be. reducing possibility of an accidental short.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

^ - i agree.

the one you listed earlyer is ok, but a little chincy. see if you can find one like this -> http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl ... er=070-675
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

I think it has a internal fuse inside that unit I know my 22 has a little itty bitty green bodied fuse that looks like a solid green resistor near the power plug inside the unit.
I also think its rated like 3/4 ampere < but I need to check that number> PG never built anything that did not have safe guards inside it. EQ's Crossovers, line drivers etc... :)
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

1moreamp wrote:I think it has a internal fuse inside that unit I know my 22 has a little itty bitty green bodied fuse that looks like a solid green resistor near the power plug inside the unit.
I also think its rated like 3/4 ampere < but I need to check that number> PG never built anything that did not have safe guards inside it. EQ's Crossovers, line drivers etc... :)

lol, we already had a debate about that. the fuse you are thinking of is to protect it from putting the B+ into the B-
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

Bfowler wrote:
1moreamp wrote:I think it has a internal fuse inside that unit I know my 22 has a little itty bitty green bodied fuse that looks like a solid green resistor near the power plug inside the unit.

lol, we already had a debate about that. the fuse you are thinking of is to protect it from putting the B+ into the B-

OK, then someone please explain how that does not also protect from general over current also.
You see I understand that you see the fuse in circuit in what appears to be across the + and- terminals but then it would be a short in itself so it must be in circuit just like a fuse and provide in circuit protection just as if you added one outside.
You can't put a fuse across the power wires unless there is a diode in circuit to prevent a short unless polarity is reversed, but it would then blow and protect nothing, and the circuit would blow out as if there were no protection at al <cause there was none with that setup.

Trust me its in circuit as a fuse and provides RP protection as a secondary consideration. PG never did overlook much :wink:

PS I had to replace the fuse in my 22 so I have been inside and up close on these, as my buddy zapped my using it as a test driver in a car <i keep it on my test bench to increase drive levels without much hassle to setup. C
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

i understood 9 words in that first sentence.

.75amp fuse still doesnt seem right to me.....
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

:lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Capital_M
Baby on Board

Post by Capital_M »

Ok, thanks guys

so I found the other type of fuse you showed me, now how many amps to use?

Also, how the fuck do you set the gain on the TLDs? I opened it up and theres two knobs for each 2 channels.

Do i have to turn both of them?

And when i set them can i have the music playing while im adjusting? or do i need to turn it off adjust and then test.