We need some RSD comp reviews!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

We need some RSD comp reviews!

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

There aren't that many reviews in the review forum and we seem to get questions revolving around the RSD comps a lot. Seems like maybe it's a good idea to get an RSD review thread going.

I figure why not have various people contribute their experience with the speakers since we have so many here with experience that are willing to contribute?

Just a thought...
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

Well put them in today for hell of it..Tweeters floating on the dash and mids IB in doors.

WOW...impressive set for the price. Every way better then the xenons in every way and in ways very similar sound to the elites. Compared to my last set up the dyn system 340, mid range and higher freq. cant compare... dyn are in a different level, but for 2-way in their price range I think its $170 retail, Nothing I have heard compares.

The tweeter is very laid back and easy to listen too, alot like the ti elite tweeter, and the dyn md100 but not quite as deatalied as the dyn.

As for midrange this is where I feel the set lacks from my last few set up, the mid range is merely avergae.

As for the mid bass holy crap, these things rock. They simply ass rape my last mids which were the dyn mw 160 from 40hz-150hz.

Over all nice set, I woudln't use the hole set up for my self now a days, but for some one entering into car audio or looking for middle of the road set this is for them.

I can actually see this some one looking for high end sound to dump the passive, use the tweeter and mid, and add a dedicated mid range liek the dayton reference dome mid.....that woudl be one hell of a set up costing you less then $250..
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

more spelling and grammatical errors but will do ^^^^^
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

I popped mine in last week also. Mids open air stock location, tweets velcroed to the door behind the mid. These are running active off of an RSd500.4.

The tweets sound great, very clean and very detailed. Not harsh.

The midrange was also very detailed if I can describe them that way. I listened very closely to guitar riffs on various tracks and I was extremely pleased with the clarity I heard. I was blasting some fort minor last night as I drove home and they were just terrific. I just had no complaints.

Midbass is sick now that they have broken in for a couple weeks, and I haven't even sealed them yet! MAKE SURE U LET THEM BREAK IN before coming out with an opinion...I was pleasantly surprised the past couple days. I played some The Game, Jay Z, and 50 Cent and they were hitting every note perfectly. They didn't sound like they were missing anything or fatiguing in any way. Nice amount of bass to get me by til I pick up a sub. They are crossed over at 50hz and they sound awesome.
Last edited by Phoenixcolt on Sat May 12, 2007 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rides History-www.cardomain.com/id/HotColt22

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I've had a few people asking me about the RSD coax speakers. Anyone run them?
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Capital_M
Baby on Board

Post by Capital_M »

apparently they are the same as the comp set but without the xover, however PG website shows different specs
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Yup, the coaxes are the same as the comp set without the nicer crossover but I did run them for a while, only off headunit power. I was pretty happy with them though. I would reccomend them to anyone who wanted a decent set of coaxes. I bet they would have sounded excellent if I ran them off my amp. The tweets sounded great.
Rides History-www.cardomain.com/id/HotColt22

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12