"differentially balanced" input ???

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
eyesofra

"differentially balanced" input ???

Post by eyesofra »

hi guys, :D
anyone know what'ss the advantage of having this type of topology for input of an amp , such as the rsd amp ??

the last time i heard bout this before we discussed it here on the " x200.4 vs RSD500.4 " thread, was years ago back in uni.

IIRC there was this configuration where we could wire up an Op-Amp in Dual differential input mode where it rejects the common signal in the two inputs, usually being noise.

Has this got anything to do with the differential inputs on amps or are those for some other purpose???
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

It helps to eliminate noise, it also helps to accept huge signal voltage levels without clipping.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
eyesofra

Post by eyesofra »

errin,
say we bridge a rsd250.2 with a " Y " as ur explained to me earlier , that would actually send the same exact signal divided into 2 into both the differential inputs of the amp rite ;

would it still help to eliminate the noise since both inputs are the same and thus the music signal itself becomes the common signal at both the differential inputs ?? Common mode rejection ??

i might have got the entire thing wrong .... so do explain briefly
:)

thanks man....
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

It doesn't eliminate noise as you are suggesting it actually compares ground to RCA shield.........
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.