MS/MPS Heatsink

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Nils

MS/MPS Heatsink

Post by Nils »

Hi :)

Is there anyone that know if there is any leftovers of MS/MPS style heatsinks like the surfboard to pedi or if someone know who made these heatsinks for PG, the lengt of them should be about 120cm and i neeed at least two of them. I'm trying here first before i try to make my own :)

Nils Jørgen
3x MPS2240
5x MPS2500
1x MS2250
1x MQ430 (white)
1x MQ430 (gray)
3x MS275 (white)
3x MS275 (gray)
ax406a
ax204
Nils

Re: MS/MPS Heatsink

Post by Nils »

Nobody know anything? :)
3x MPS2240
5x MPS2500
1x MS2250
1x MQ430 (white)
1x MQ430 (gray)
3x MS275 (white)
3x MS275 (gray)
ax406a
ax204
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

i think the whole MS Heat sink search has been fruitless - at least as far as i know for last couple few years...

BUT like i pointed out in the thread for the aluminum welding stuff...THAT it presents perhaps some promising possibilities for maybe tying in a couple of the MS or M - series heat sinks together... did you see that video? I have sinks i can practice on too before trying my hand at the real deal.... BUT in theory if that were to work... you could have a sink as long as you would like OR as wide as you like.

heres the link and video of what i am referring to.
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17763

i will be getting a couple pounds here this week... and trying some sample shots with it and see what the dealio is.

m
Last edited by mhyde71 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
Nils

Post by Nils »

mhyde71 wrote:i think the whole MS Heat sink search has bee n fruitless - at least as far as i know for last couple few years...

BUT like i pointed out in the thread for the aluminum welding stuff...THAT it presents perhaps some promising possibilities for maybe tying in a couple of the MS or M - series heat sinks together... did you see that video? I have sink s i can practice on too before trying my hand at the real deal.... BUT in theory if that were to work... you could have a sink as long as you would like OR as wide as you like.

heres the link and video of what i am referring to.
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17763

i will be getting a couple pounds here this week... and trying some sample shots with it and see what the dealio is.

m
I saw that video, and i showed it to my brother, he had tried a similar product a couple of years ago, and he think that is was crap. It was very hard to use, the hardest thing was the heat, the rigt amount of heat :) Then i have to make some heatsinks by myself :D
3x MPS2240
5x MPS2500
1x MS2250
1x MQ430 (white)
1x MQ430 (gray)
3x MS275 (white)
3x MS275 (gray)
ax406a
ax204
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

this hts 200 stuff - i will have in hands next week at some point. I have enopugh sinks to make a stretch like the surfboard if needed/need be.

but i dont think the hts200 stuff can be lumped together with or be confused with Alumaloy, Alumaweld, Alumarod, Durafix, Aladdin 3 in 1, or any of the earlier rods... this stuff looks like it has a little more promising aspects to it.

but other than that- yeah i guess we would be on our own to figure out the sinks...

it remionds me of when i contacted the plastics company in Taiwan that made the terminals for PG back in the early days... i spoke with jack PG's rep and he said that we could have the terminals made up IF he could find the mold... :( guess what- the mold was long gone...

BUT if we/you/i/someone was to find out or learn who it was that PG had made the sinks... there is a chance that maybe they still have that mold and able to push some extrude througjh.... not sure. might be worth a stab though-

but once the mold is done/made... it would priolly be good for 10's of thousands of sinks.

anyone from PG or old PG fan boy recall who it was that did the extrusions?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I would be interested in buying a small amount of that stuff to do my amp rack. I will only need enough to cover 8-10, 1" square areas so it should not take much but sounds perfect for what I want to do.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
00goobs

Post by 00goobs »

I was thinking of welding 2 of my 2125 sinks together to make a 1000 clone from the bottom. This stuff can make the top ribs perfect. With the right techniques, soldering/brazing can be stronger than welding. My only issue after welding is the 1000 sized sink won't fit in my powder coating oven, hehehe...

Hello from my phone!
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Nils wrote:Hi :)

Is there anyone that know if there is any leftovers of MS/MPS style heatsinks like the surfboard to pedi
Sorry Dude, I believe there's only one made... :wink:
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

00goobs wrote:I was thinking of welding 2 of my 2125 sinks together to make a 1000 clone from the bottom. This tuff can make the top ribs perfect. With the right techniques, soldering/brazing can be stronger than welding. My only issue after welding is the 1000 sized sink won't fit in my powder coating oven, hehehe...

Hello from my phone!

It'll fit in mine!
Nils

Post by Nils »

Pedi wrote:

Is there anyone that know if there is any leftovers of MS/MPS style heatsinks like the surfboard to pedi
:) I thought so, it was a longshot:) but i was hoping for someone knowing anything about who made the heatsink's for PG back in the old days. And if they still could make some :)
3x MPS2240
5x MPS2500
1x MS2250
1x MQ430 (white)
1x MQ430 (gray)
3x MS275 (white)
3x MS275 (gray)
ax406a
ax204
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Re:

Post by Pedi »

Nils wrote:
Pedi wrote:

:) I thought so, it was a longshot:) but i was hoping for someone knowing anything about who made the heatsink's for PG back in the old days. And if they still could make some :)
Believe me...

We had tried this for ages, with no luck...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...