New system

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
pgmaniac

New system

Post by pgmaniac »

Well i bought a brand new Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, and after doing some quite decent exterior upgrades, its time to start on the stereo. I am looking at doing Exile Xtec 6.5'' components up front, with a single woofer in the trunk (using the drivers in the doors, and the tweeters in the stock pods). Does anyone think i should go with rear fill, as it is still a 4 door? Also, i plan to run 100-125rms to these speakers, and about 400-500rms to the sub, depending on which sub i choose. Do you think it would be necessary for me to upgrade my electrical system? The car comes with a stock 110A alternator. Being out of the audio scene for a while, what is a good SQ headunit, with many features, and is nice aesthetically?

Thanks for any input

Its nice to be back!
pgmaniac

Post by pgmaniac »

I know a TI900.7 would be absolutely perfect for this system! Especially an AL version, because i don't want too much weight in the back! I will also be doing a fiberglass enclosure for this, because i really don't want anymore weight then i need, as i am already have suspension issues from buying 18's that are slightly wider then they should be, and rub when i hit bumps. (Something im getting fixed tomorrow, not sure whether i should invest in new springs (stiffer), or just grind the piece about 1mm lip of underneath the body panel, which doesn't even show)
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

Welcome to the forum!

With a 110 amp alternator, I think its fine.

I would use the rear speakers, but I would give it very little power, maybe even drive them with your H/U...or perhaps even ditch them all together.

As for H/U's, most these days are pretty nice...there are some great old school H/U's though - Clarion 9255, Sony C-90, and the Eclipse 5303r
pgmaniac

Post by pgmaniac »

Should i run 4 guage from the battery, then split to 2 8 guage outputs? Or should i just do it properly, and run 0/1 then split it
pgmaniac

Post by pgmaniac »

I honestly don't feel it is necessary to run 0/1 guage, as 4 would suffice for the amount of power i plan on running.
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

4 awg should be fine...its almost border line though, I guess it depends on how much you're willing to spend.

What amps are you using?
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

I just sent you a pm on exile forum. You could go all Exile, I personally have the Xtec's, not bad, not bad at all. I also got a buddy of mine a set along with the Exile XP woofer. Look into a 4 channel amp, like vin's setup. and times 2 on his idea about running HU power to rear fill which you could go with a set of coax's.

Or do PG RSd line. Same setup as above.
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I am running the Xtec65s off the Exile 800.4 and the ~150 watts is plenty. They get down in my car. Its a great amp. I wil l be building a box for the Xtec10 in a few weeks to see how it does. I expect it to outshine the 2 6.5" ED subs I have now. :)

And I just had to put my Eclipse 8053 back in since the Ural is sick...and I had forgotten how awesome that thing sounds! I know it doesnt do MP3 or iPod, or bluetooth or anything, but it just sounds good. It has decent PEQ and xover functions too and time alignment.

No rear fill needed....adds too much weight. :P