Select Products

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dgoodhue

Select Products

Post by dgoodhue »

I made an order from them and they call me up a little while later saying they were out of the speaker grill size I wanted and it was backordered. It was 16x32 and $31.25. They had a smaller size but it was going to $28.75 for half the amount. I asked for a discount since I was basically paying the same price for half the amount. My order was $140-150. After a few go arounds with the manager of the place, he couldn't even take $5 off my order say they have almost no profit margin. I mention their has to be $5 of profit in my order. He said if I take $5 he won't make any money on my order. :roll: I told him he is losing a customer and this is the last time that I order from him. I gave in and added the two grill items.

I thought about it for a secound and realized that were only items I didn't know where to easily get elsewhere. I called him back up and I cancelled most of my order, except for the two items I don't know where else to order. I could tell he was irratated, he said my order was already boxed up. I told him I can get those items cheaper and since his customer was poor, I wasn't going to give them my patronage. I called up another place and they were super helpful and more than willing to take my money. I saved myself $40 going elsewhere.
Last edited by dgoodhue on Tue May 15, 2007 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
91 GMC Syclone - PG Ti 500.4AL, Boston Acoustic Z6, Exile XT10
12 Legacy - Stock
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

ouch. and now they have deterred potential customers like me who read this. i hope that 5$ was worth it
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
SolacE

Post by SolacE »

They have some products that are hard to find elsewhere, but I have always had problems with them in the past. Almost every time I have ordered it has been delayed or not shipped at all. Items were missing from 2 orders. Just tons of problems here with them.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

What product(s) are you having a tough time finding?
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

How about a website for reference. Is it like Parts Express?
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

Select products is overpriced and has horrible cs, I will never buy from them again
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

I haven't had any issues with them ever. And i don't mind paying the extra, it saves the hassel of going to 10 different places
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
SolacE

Post by SolacE »

every time i have ever ordered from them I have had to call multiple times to get them to ship it. I quit using them a while back for anything. I still use the site for reference and find my item elsewhere.
[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139/solaceravr/Misc/CopCar.jpg[/img]
customtronic

Post by customtronic »

I've had similar experiences with them. The last time I ordered was to buy a bunch of the Definition RCA ends. They said they no longer stocked them. I ended up buying some Stinger ends. They didn't look as good but were alot cheaper. Maybe they've hired some new people or something. I've been callled twice by that salesman asking if everything was ok and if I needed anything. The service in the past sucked. Maybe it's getting better. Only time will tell.
Macgyver76

Post by Macgyver76 »

To anyone who doesnt know they were bought by amp of america, Dont expect decent customer service and you wont be let down.....lol
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

Macgyver76 wrote:To anyone who doesnt know they were bought by amp of america, Dont expect decent customer service and you wont be let down.....lol
Snicker.....Does no one else find this funny :lol: I R O N Y :doh:
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Just a heads up on Select Products. You guys might of had bad experiences with them in the past and i can understand that. On the bright side we purchased Select Products at the end of 2008 and have revamped the operation from top to bottom. They went from a 3 man operation to a 25 man sales staff and 8 person tech team. I think you would be surprised at the change in the level of service that we provide to our customers now that Select is under the AAMP of America umbrella.
Kevin Siegel

Re: Buyer Beware: Select Products

Post by Kevin Siegel »

dgoodhue wrote:I made an order from them and they call me up a little while later saying they were out of the speaker grill size I wanted and it was backordered. It was 16x32 and $31.25. They had a smaller size but it was going to $28.75 for half the amount. I asked for a discount since I was basically paying the same price for half the amount. My order was $140-150. After a few go arounds with the manager of the place, he couldn't even take $5 off my order say they have almost no profit margin. I mention their has to be $5 of profit in my order. He said if I take $5 he won't make any money on my order. :roll: I told him he is losing a customer and this is the last time that I order from him. I gave in and added the two grill items.

I thought about it for a secound and realized that were only items I didn't know where to easily get elsewhere. I called him back up and I cancelled most of my order, except for the two items I don't know where else to order. I could tell he was irratated, he said my order was already boxed up. I told him I can get those items cheaper and since his customer was poor, I wasn't going to give them my patronage. I called up another place and they were super helpful and more than willing to take my money. I saved myself $40 going elsewhere.
I am really sorry to hear you had a bad experience doing business with us. Please call me directly so I can resolve this issue.

Thanks;

Kevin Siegel
VP of Marketing
Aamp of America
727-803-0240
jay00f4

Re: Buyer Beware: Select Products

Post by jay00f4 »

Kevin Siegel wrote:
I am really sorry to hear you had a bad experience doing business with us. Please call me directly so I can resolve this issue.

Thanks;

Kevin Siegel
VP of Marketing
Aamp of America
727-803-0240
This post is from 2007. As far as I can tell he didn't have a bad experience with AAMP.
tonym

Post by tonym »

maybe aamp should have bought them out in 2006 then...and none of this would of happend !!!...

Nah j/k filler post....