Phoenix Gold X6.5 too or not too

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

Firstly I can say first hand the X65's will cook with that much power or anything near it, the crossover will not physically withstand much beyond 150 RMS. I have modified many of them in order for them to withstand the X200.2.

The design of the X65 will not allow it to play much below 70hz it just won't do it. You can EQ the hell out of it but why? If you start with the RSd6.5 you will be far happier as it is a better tweeter out of the box and the midbass is far superior, the only thing I can say they lack from being the uber best buy ever is they are a little slow in the 300hz region they just don't seem to be fast enough to produce it accurately.

XO mod 1
XO mod 2
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
skitz

Post by skitz »

as promised here is the pics of my doors u will see why i am reluctant to put 3 ways in there atm...

cheers for the idea though and it is on my list i would love to do it... if only i was a lil more handy with that kinda thing...
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

skitz wrote: hey honestly did you think the 2X10" were better sounding than the 2RSD10"?

cheers
yes, i do think the x10 sounds better then the rsd10. however, with the rsd 10's i overall more happy with the system as a whole.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...