Amp suggestions due to NOISE

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
00goobs

Re: Amp suggestions due to NOISE

Post by 00goobs »

If you can measure the actual low voltage signal, a simple resistor-transistor circuit can do what you need at the cost of about a buck or two...

If your noise is present with the RCAs disconnected, something must have happened to them if there wasn't any noise before. I've seen an accidental positive voltage to rca ground short cause an amp to be noisy and still useable.

I am not sure how safe it is, but with the RCAs at the amps disconnected and the amps powered up and noise present, you can try a wire to ground and touch the RCA ground and check if the noise changes or goes away.

I have a kicker 4 channel I am working on that has noise on the rear channels when the RCAs are connected to the rear inputs, but when the front inputs are used to power all four outputs, the noise goes away. I found the gain pot to be an issue as the noise is on the output, but not the input of the gain pot...
adsoldschool

Re: Amp suggestions due to NOISE

Post by adsoldschool »

So the TR7 didn't do the trick for the remote turn-on solution... very frustrating. Would love some help from the forum on their success with the RF360 install in a 3rd gen Acura TL in getting a remote turn-on solution