Lightweight subwoofers

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
pgmaniac

Lightweight subwoofers

Post by pgmaniac »

I think I've decided again that i would like to go with two 12'' sub woofers. Due to the type of application, i would like two lightweight woofers, with about 250-300RMS each. I'd like for these woofers to not need much space for the enclosure as i will be building separate fiberglass boxes on the corners of the trunk. They must be able to give me some "rumble in the trunk" haha, but as well fit my application.

Maybe if you have some for sale, let me know, or if you have any ideas of what i can pick up, that would work too!
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

Not 12, but these are very light

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/produc ... cts_id=106

I'm actually selling mine :lol:
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

I have never really compared sub weights before. However the Exile Xtec 10 (I think they now make a 12) are pretty light compare to another real sub I have held, I think the aluminum basket helps with weight reduction.
Dave
91 GMC Syclone - PG Ti 500.4AL, Boston Acoustic Z6, Exile XT10
12 Legacy - Stock
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

PG rsd 12 is a very light subwoofer
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
444 FED

Post by 444 FED »

We recently started selling a line called Total Mobile Audio "TMA", extremely impressive for the price. The subs are light weight, but work well, both for just some rumble and some critical listening. Thier amps are also very well built. Thier speakers sound great too. This is more of a budget oriented line, but for the performance there is nothing being given up. BTW TMA is owned and over seen by JL Audio, so you can find it at just about any JL dealer. *flame suit on*
eyesofra

Post by eyesofra »

saw a local dealer carrying TMA , but at that point of time i just thought thats another lousy brand...didnt know its a part of JL...
it should be reasonably good then.
What JL's up too, create an entry JL line but on a different brand name ?
" If u know the rules, then u can break them " - Vidal S
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

eyesofra wrote:saw a local dealer carrying TMA , but at that point of time i just thought thats another lousy brand...didnt know its a part of JL...
It's my understanding from the local store, that TMA is JLs low level line replacing the "e" line.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

Earthquake SWS

Pioneer Premier

JL Shallow mount

Exile Xtec

Kenwood Excelon

Illusion Audio

Planet Audio

All above are shallow subs and are light due to the fact...........
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
444 FED

Post by 444 FED »

smgreen20 wrote:
eyesofra wrote:saw a local dealer carrying TMA , but at that point of time i just thought thats another lousy brand...didnt know its a part of JL...
It's my understanding from the local store, that TMA is JLs low level line replacing the "e" line.
Go back and smack that sales clerk right upside the head. :roll:

The e series of amplifiers was replaced with the A series.

TMA was a small company bought by JL about a year ago, and overseen by JL, but not a direct product of JL, though everything is made within the same building as the core JL Audio equipment.

JL realized that many dealers were using other less expensive brands at a price point, for people that either didn't want to pay JL Audio pricing, or just couldn't afford to, so why not have another line, to supply to these consumers, that is also a great product? ;)

Smart move on the part of JL, and when you open one of thier amps, you can see the influence in lay out and design.