Elite Sneak Peek

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dvnt88

Re: Elite Sneak Peek

Post by dvnt88 »

MW3 wrote:
smgreen20 wrote: Awe hell, if I can't find me a Clarion SSW1201 sub by then, then I just might have to get me a new PG 12" instead.
What's the power handling for the 12?
Real World, No BS Ratings:

1600w RMS / 3200w Peak.

• 60mm of Peak to Peak Excursion
• 3.0” Premium OFC Copper Wound Voice Coil
• Dual Long Throw Spider Suspension
• Woven Tinsel Leads
• Composite Material Hybrid Cone
• High Excursion CAE/CAD Motor Design
• Vented Titanium-Aluminum Hybrid Former
• One Piece Aluminum Plated Dustcap with Tri-Blue LEDs
• High Roll Butyl Rubber Surround

If you want a one note SPL wonder this is not your woofer.

If you want a woofer that crushes your kidneys when listening to AC/DC and hits the intricate notes of a complicated SQ track, then you have found the right woofer....
HOLY ....S***!!! :shock: . Now I'm really, really, really wanting to drop some coin. :twisted:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

very nice specs on the subs
i hope they don't end up like the elite ti needing to much power to rock. any info on box size?

Its funny to see car audio in the last years change from tiny little amps wallet size to the "the one" ect
no one has made much noise in the high end area so it nice to see.
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
El-Akeem

Post by El-Akeem »

What's about a gold plated finish for the board? If you offer a plexi bottom you NEED to have a golden board, even when it costs more and doesn't give a better performance. But, franky, who really needs an amp, that costs more than a grand? So, People want Phoenix Gold, not Phoenix Blue.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

with the price of gold today I would dare to say that it would at least triple the price of the board. I am afraid those days are long gone now...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Gold is pricey .... And I like the blue bords ... Buy the looks pg is realy trying and good for them ... These amps are not for everybody and if you think #1200 is to much then go and price mclintoch, sinfoni , focal, and Memphis amps or junk lives.... Sorry I ment to say jl .. LOL
900.7ti custom crome top with custom flameing skull,s fan shroud with cool JAG programable led fans . Rddp with sdt . Ti 1200.1 Vibe audio space 6-3d space 5-3d . Vibe space 12 vibe space 8 x2
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Last edited by kg1961 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 honda accord sport
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

kg1961 wrote:what will the new line up be called if we already have the ti line?ti elite doesn't sound all that differnt ....just me
Just plain "Elite".
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

I see 85*c caps in the picture. Where are the 105*c caps? Are these caps alot better quality and will they hold up longer than the old MS caps?
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
GlasSman

Post by GlasSman »

tvrift wrote:These amps got me very excited until I saw the power ratings for the 2ch.

I was thinking of replacing my Soundstream HRU.4 and HRU.2 with the Elite series. The HRU.2 is 500x2 @ 4ohms and is in the same chassis as the HRU.4. Why couldnt the Elite.2 also have similar output?

Did you see the claimed output power?

If thats not enough for you maybe you're using bricks for speakers.....AND you're attempting to fill a 20,000 seat stadium....not a car. :naughty:
////Alpine/PhoenixGold/MBQuart/ImageDynamics/Soundstream
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

I just have to say it ... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TO MUCH POWER... car or not .. LOL
900.7ti custom crome top with custom flameing skull,s fan shroud with cool JAG programable led fans . Rddp with sdt . Ti 1200.1 Vibe audio space 6-3d space 5-3d . Vibe space 12 vibe space 8 x2
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

ah hell if thats too much... my roadster, rsd600.1 and rsd1200.1 that I am putting in my mustang must be too much too..
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Right LOL
ROBSCUSTOMSAPK

Post by ROBSCUSTOMSAPK »

I'm excited to see n hear these new amps. Subs with 60mm xmax?? Nice, how's the efficiency? Also, Morgan, please consider a spl line. We all know that pg has always been sq based line, but with the sq crowd the numbers are dwindling. As more and more get older, have kids, priorities change and no longer are in the market for $1200 amps. However, young(sometimes dumb)lol customers flock to spl events to see who has the biggest balls. True that most of them cannot afford $1200 amps now, but a few years from now they will. And they will remember your brand and how awesome it is. How awesome would it be to have the best sq products and spl? Long live pg, especially my beloved xmax 12's.
JVC usb/cd h/u
PG ti eq6
4x PG ti6cs
2x Eminence alpha 12"
2x Incriminator Audio 18" Judges
2x Incriminator Audio 3.4
2x Incriminator Audio 40.1

AUTHORIZED PHOENIX GOLD DEALER.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

well I think the one would count as an spl piece.......
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Yep the one is an spl amp. I never understood why pg did not come out with with subs to go with that amp .
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

El-Akeem - The top of the amp has 5mm thick high temp black smoked plexi. Retail price wasn't really a factor in developing these amps, but gold plated circuit boards are CRAZY pricing and have zero benefit on performance. If I can choose $50 more for a gold plated circuit board or $50 more in better design/parts, I will take the parts performance benefits every time. Thats how you end up with the insane Sanken output devices, burr brown op amps, etc. Our goal with these amps is performance, there are no extra chrome badges, neons, etc, etc.

Wooferdog - These caps do not suffer from same issues of the older M and MS amplifiers. Keep in mind some of those amps are 15 to 20 years old!!! The power supply caps are 105c where the major heat stress resides, Rail Voltage caps are 85c, but there is no benefit to increase their temperature rating based on lifetime thermal testing.

Rob - Thank you for the feedback. Our focus is not focused heavy on SPL or SQ competitions, but we are gaining momentum. Our focus is high quality and performance products/sound, the rest will follow with hard work.
Last edited by MW3 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
ROBSCUSTOMSAPK

Post by ROBSCUSTOMSAPK »

ttocs wrote:well I think the one would count as an spl piece.......
Ttocs, bring me up to speed. I'm not familiar with the one. As it has been years since I've been a pg dealer. Last time I worked for a pg dealer, ti amps were new.lol I have been building my collection of pg gear tho.
JVC usb/cd h/u
PG ti eq6
4x PG ti6cs
2x Eminence alpha 12"
2x Incriminator Audio 18" Judges
2x Incriminator Audio 3.4
2x Incriminator Audio 40.1

AUTHORIZED PHOENIX GOLD DEALER.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

ROBSCUSTOMSAPK wrote:
ttocs wrote:well I think the one would count as an spl piece.......
Ttocs, bring me up to speed. I'm not familiar with the one. As it has been years since I've been a pg dealer. Last time I worked for a pg dealer, ti amps were new.lol I have been building my collection of pg gear tho.
the one is pg's most recent limited edition amp release: http://phoenixgold.com/productDetails.a ... tegoryID=1
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
southfloridaPGlover

Post by southfloridaPGlover »

nice job on the new amps pg is listing to us :D
PG FOR LIFE
tvrift

Post by tvrift »

GlasSman wrote:
tvrift wrote:These amps got me very excited until I saw the power ratings for the 2ch.

I was thinking of replacing my Soundstream HRU.4 and HRU.2 with the Elite series. The HRU.2 is 500x2 @ 4ohms and is in the same chassis as the HRU.4. Why couldnt the Elite.2 also have similar output?

Did you see the claimed output power?

If thats not enough for you maybe you're using bricks for speakers.....AND you're attempting to fill a 20,000 seat stadium....not a car. :naughty:
Im using my HRU.2 for substage.

Dont get me wrong, the new PG amps look amazing so far. I applaud PG for actually going above and beyond trying to bring a high end amp line to the market. Sadly, the market for them has fallen in the last few years. A ton of car audio manufacturers have dropped their high end lines including the Soundstream HRU series. I wish you guys luck.
Last edited by tvrift on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Finishing up Electrical testing on the Elite.1...

Rated 3200w RMS into 1 ohm load (14.4v and 1% THD)

Actual measured power output using the Audio Precision:

4100+ RMS watts

A bit underrated I would say... :twisted:

Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

All I hope for, is for the RCA caps, not to pull off when removing the RCA cables... that's my biggest pet peeve of PG amps...
Any comments Morgan?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that often has more to do with the cables, and how they are removed rather then the amp. Worked on alot of pg amps and never had that happen.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

ttocs wrote:that often has more to do with the cables, and how they are removed rather then the amp. Worked on alot of pg amps and never had that happen.

x2
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

some of the higher end rca's are super tight, or even have a locking feature to ensure that they are tight and make a good connection. On the locking type you need to unscrew the outer cover a turn or two and then they will slide off easily but pulling them either results in the shield being removed or the rca breaking(if pulled but the wire).