ED subs

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
BigDaddy

ED subs

Post by BigDaddy »

Hey,
I know that there is someone on here who is using the ED 6 1/2" subs. How do you find them? Are they at least close to an 8"? I want my install completely stealth so my subs will be going into a rear compartment. Two of these will fit easily....although I might be able to fit 2 8". Will I notice a big difference between the 2? Also...dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm for 2 subs off of an MS275?

Thanks.
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I love them! They dont go super low.....but the music I listen to they do fine. The blend well with the fronts and are smooth across the frequency range they are playing. I hear they will really get down if you put them in a ported box. I like sealed, and have them in a 1 cube enclosure. Thats quite a bit bigger than they recommend, but I like a tighter, more controlled bass.

Dual 4s off a MS275....unless you can fan cool it....then you can run dual 2s at 2 ohms. I am getting ready to install my Exile Xtec 10 I have had for almost a year sitting in the box. I think I will put the ED subs in my work truck off an Xtant X1.1.