Bass Cube that needs to be revived!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
doggn8

Bass Cube that needs to be revived!

Post by doggn8 »

I have a base cube that I got from a old buddy of mine that is in need of being repaired. I have hung onto it for many year in hopes that I could someday get the schematics and repair it. So my question is obvious. Does anyone on here have the schematics for the Bass Cube? Or could some one please take a picture of the board and give me any info from the missing components from the picture I am posting? There are 2 transistors that are missing and one resistor. I desperately need the numbers and letters off the transistors and the colors in order from the resistor! thanks in advance!

davewaibel

Re: Bass Cube that needs to be revived!

Post by davewaibel »

big question- do you have the remote- if you don't its not going to work anyway- also, instead of screwing around trying to replace the missing parts, and the unknown other problems, you could just buy a cube that works probably pretty cheap-
doggn8

Post by doggn8 »

Beautifully big answer is absolutely yes I indeed have the remote. I have been working on and building electronics (mostly musical instruments) for years now and even if I didn't have the remote, I would build one! As far as parts go I am pretty positive that I already have the transistors in my collection and the resistor is a for sure. So all I need is the numbers and the colors as I said. Thanks for your concern.
doggn8

Post by doggn8 »

So I took a look at a few post on here and I can see that this forum consists of a tight nit group of true PG lovers. I myself am a big fan of PG and car audio. I am 35. I have been installing car stereos since before I had a drivers license. Complete non hack installs which include upholstery and detailed fiberglass work.... I found this Bass Cube in my storage and had been hanging on to it for a another reason other than it is a great product! See my best friend who shared my love for car audio was kill by a inattentive driver in 2005 on his bike, was the one who gave me the Bass Cube. So silly as you all may think I am. The cube has sentimental value beyond the idea of purchasing another one. I remember when it fried out because of the DB that was hangin with us decided to do some adjustments on my friends system while waiting to be judged at an IASCA competition. We were so bummed out that we packed up and left....Anywho it would be great if anyone could help me out. I see that to get respect around here you must prove that you are not full of shit... So here is a pic of some of my electronics components. I would be a great addition to the forum with the what knowledge I have! thanks again!
doggn8

Post by doggn8 »

joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Welcome to the phorum! I´ll open up my Basscube tonight and post detailed pictures in here!
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

Welcome to the phorum :mrgreen: The transistor numbers are both 2N4401 and the resistor has yellow,purple,gold,gold. hope this helps.
Attachments
100_3282.JPG
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

and there you have it!!!
On a side note there is a market for the CUBE's remotes, Jacamph was/is making them but he's a busy guy, with other commitments.
I'm sure you could sell a few if made decently. Hang around here a little bit and get to know the peeps.
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

those pics remind me of tech school...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Welcome to the Phorum!

We don't see Basscubes going up in flames too often. Very odd what happened to yours. Sorry about your friend!
doggn8

Post by doggn8 »

Whew! to much work and no play for me lately.... I have been working 10-13hr days since my last post, but now I am free for a week or so on with my fun time! :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

I just want to thank everyone for the prompt answer to my problem. I am very excited to join your community. I hope my knowledge will be useful.

Now for The Cube... I did indeed have the transistors! which they are not the most common. And of course the resistor is the easy part...

It is time to do this! I will post an update as soon as I can test fire this bad boy! Thanks again!
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

lets see it in action bangin some subs!
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
gratest1

Post by gratest1 »

sorry to jump on an old thread. Could someone tell me what wattage the 4.7 ohm resistor is in the picture. Mine has blown like the picture. Both transistors have gone as well. Would anyone tell me what may cause this?
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

That's a 2watt 4.7ohm resistor, the two transistors may have failed if there is a short in a winding of the transformer (toroidal). Check all the diodes near by and if the new replacements fail as well then most likely the fault is in the transformer.
gratest1

Post by gratest1 »

thanks so much... will buy and see how it goes. Is it a ceramic or???/
gratest1

Post by gratest1 »

If it is not the transformer, what could of caused this? Thanks trickyricky..