Trying to work in bridged stereo on ZX475 and stuck

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Twonks

Trying to work in bridged stereo on ZX475 and stuck

Post by Twonks »

Hi all. Previously I had my ZX475 running 4 channel with all the processing done by the head unit.

I am now wanting to re-introduce the passive crossovers from the speakers and run the 475 in straight stereo, but seem to be having a mare sorting it out.

The manual suggests simply bridging the speaker outs from Left + to Right -, which is easily done, but I only get sound through the left speaker.

If the RCA's from the deck are in the front inputs to the amp, then left and right balance control just play through the left speaker and nothing comes through the right.

I can half understand this as I am bridging the left speaker over left and right on the front channels.

But how on earth do I get it to play in stereo ? I've tried with the left RCA into the front and the right RCA into the rears.
Also tried the right speakers on the left output and that works, so I know the speaker wiring is good - just can't get anything out of the right speaker.

Have tried playing with numerous settings on the x/over pots but again they do nothing with regards to playing stereo.

I must be missing something as the left channel is bridged on the front and the right channel is bridged on the rear section of the amp, so something surely has to tell the amp what to do with the inputs.

Help would be apreciated.