RSD 3

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
BigDaddy

RSD 3

Post by BigDaddy »

Are these the speakers that people were talking about awhile ago? The ones that had the very linear response? I was thinking of picking them up and using them with my RSD65cs. They are a coaxial but PG does'nt have a regular 3 listed on their site. Is this the only type they made or is there a chance I will come across a regular 3" driver?

Thanks.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

BigDaddy

Post by BigDaddy »

I just realized I forgot to post the damn link. Thanks vin. Yeah...those were the ones I was talking about.

In the other post they are talking about a whizzer cone which obviously this isnt. VW337, do you know if this 3" is basically the same driver? Does it have seperate hookups for the 3" and the tweeter?

Thanks
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

It's the same speaker. There is only one 3" RSd according to PG.

http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/rsdspeakers.html
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

The only 3" is the one with the whizzer cone, there is no stand alone driver and there is no coaxial version.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
BigDaddy

Post by BigDaddy »

The seller still insists it is a coaxial. This is the email he got from PG. Bottom line is will these sound good as a 3 way setup with my RSD65cs??

The RSD Coax manual is attached. The RSD3 is a coaxial speaker with center mounted tweeter. The tweeter does not have separate connector terminals.

Best regards,

Phil Koehn

Customer Support

Technical Assistance

Phoenix Gold/Audiosource
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

I am very familiar with the attached manual. :wink:

Clicky

The 3" is a whizzer cone no other options were produced. The 4" is the smallest Coaxial.

You should have no issue running this in a 3-way setup as long as you are crossing everything properly into their respective frequency ranges as the drivers will inherently overlap and if they are not crossed properly you will have serious peaks on the overlapping ranges.

You will be best served running an active RTA while adjusting XO points since one driver may perform better into a set range than the other, also an EQ in the system may be very beneficial since each driver has a slight variation in efficiency and the passive XO's account for this.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.