giving up on ti elites

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dontlookatme

giving up on ti elites

Post by dontlookatme »

so seeing how impossible it is to replace the mid drivers i need im stuck on what to do especially since having the trunk displayed with the xo crossovers would make it look matching. if i have to get different components i would have to hide the crossover because i want it to be all matching. can i use the cross over on different speakers? my car came with dynaudio speakers that sound pretty nice. can i run those to the ti amp and just run active? what to do what to do? someone with a little more knowledge throw in some input?
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
storage for the rest of my stuff
dontlookatme

Re: giving up on ti elites

Post by dontlookatme »

beuller? beuller? beuller?
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Try Morel mids. They look like the TI series does and work great with the TI Xover.
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I know you can get the tweeter or close to it is still available from morel I would be suprised if the mid or something close was not available. Dyn makes great speakers too though. Using a x-over from a different company is not ideal but it will still play. May or may not sound good but only one way to find out.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

I don't see using a different mid driver on the Ti XO's being a big deal, usually the issue comes from proper pairing of the tweeter to the XO not the mid driver. It may be less than ideal, but you can still get great results.

Would really help if anyone knew the crossover points & their respective slopes.
todd217

giving up on ti elites

Post by todd217 »

There is a pair of ti elite 5s on ebay
dontlookatme

giving up on ti elites

Post by dontlookatme »

Link me please I'm on my iPad
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
todd217

giving up on ti elites

Post by todd217 »

I'm on my phone so I cant. Just search phoenix gold titanium and they will come up
dontlookatme

giving up on ti elites

Post by dontlookatme »

I was just able to find it. The prob with that is that I'll be on a mission to find another 2
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
todd217

giving up on ti elites

Post by todd217 »

Think positive your half way there. Do you want to sell the midranges out of you factory dynaudio set?
zeropoint0.5

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

yeah when you work with old skool speakers, it's always smart to have a set aside as reserve.......

i know it's sometimes frustrating when one speaker fails and you can't find another directly !!!!! :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

zeropoint0.5 wrote:yeah when you work with old skool speakers, it's always smart to have a set aside as reserve.......

i know it's sometimes frustrating when one speaker fails and you can't find another directly !!!!! :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

Already have an extra set of 9's and 5's of the Elites myself for this very reason.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Drock

giving up on ti elites

Post by Drock »

I'm still looking for that set of 9's if anyone decides to sell a set. Lol.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

audiophyle_247 wrote:Would really help if anyone knew the crossover points & their respective slopes.
PG XO
Iirc, 2.5k Hz @ 24 dB/oct.

Dyns, 2.7k Hz @ 6 dB/oct HP, 12 dB/oct LP.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998