TBAT2 -> ZPS4 (Balanced Signal question!)

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
phoenix_rising

TBAT2 -> ZPS4 (Balanced Signal question!)

Post by phoenix_rising »

Hey guys,

I have a really quick question in the same vein as the balanced signal path thread... I have one of the super rare... ZBS4 which was the (4-way Phoenix Gold balanced signal splitter) if i were to run balanced from a TBAT2 too the ZPS4 and then split off 4 ways.... what sort of voltage would each ZPA amp receive? Would it be a fraction of the original voltage sent from the TBAT2 or would each receive the maximum voltage that the TBAT2 could send?
Last edited by phoenix_rising on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
zeropoint0.5

Re: TBAT2 -> ZPS4 (Balanced Signal question!)

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

i did not measure the signal voltage yet, but it will be more then enough to feed each zpa with it.......

normally the tbat2 will be powerful enough to feed 4 zpa's without any problem......

i tested it before with 2 zpa's and i don't hear a difference other then feeding just one zpa....

don't hesitate to use it !!!!!!!

maybe you will loose something, but really not that much.....

If you will not use it, feel free to pm me what you want for it :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Thanks for the info Zeopoint... Because it's just a passive splitter i wasnt sure whether the TBAT2 would output the 8v to EACH ZPA through the ZBS4 or whether it would simply quarter it! (2v per zpa..) which just simply wouldnt do! Heres a pic of it... i dont think ive ever seen another for sale!

zeropoint0.5

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

I got 4 of them at the moment......so yes i know them.

the only thing is, u need or a zpax0 cross card for each amp , if you want to use both low and high pass signals.

if you don't have them, use a crossover before the tbat and send for example high pass signals balanced,

send low pass signals to another pld1 or something and feed the sub amps there.....

going balanced will make a hearing difference on speakers, not so much on subwoofers....

good luck anyway :thumbs:

the day you change you're plans......pm me......
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Thanks for the info buddy.. Appreciate it.