Phoenix Gold Bass Cube

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
LowandLoud

Re: Phoenix Gold Bass Cube

Post by LowandLoud »

Mandrops? Kind of a funny name if you ask me. I am certain this is the same guy who has the ground block i plan to order. I also hope this transaction goes well. If you dont mind, would you let us know the shipping charge for this deal? I am curious what it costs to ship something from Germany. If you are not comfortable letting us all know, thats cool too. I will understand.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

On Amazon it shows 8.99 to the US from the seller in Germany,not too bad!!
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Really? I did not see that. I was having a hell of a time just reading the page, as even with the "translated" version, there was still an overabundance of German there. It cannot be much more to ship to Canada. Thanks!

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

wooferdog wrote:On Amazon it shows 8.99 to the US from the seller in Germany,not too bad!!
This. The whole transaction was just under $160 shipped. If it works out I figure it's a hell of a deal on a BNIB bass cube.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

LowandLoud wrote:Really? I did not see that. I was having a hell of a time just reading the page, as even with the "translated" version, there was still an overabundance of German there. It cannot be much more to ship to Canada. Thanks!

LL
If you get it from Amazon I think the shipping is still 8.99 worldwide from the seller.Hell of a deal for a cube.
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

[/quote]Hell of a deal for a cube.[/quote]

Agreed

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

let us know I need one at that price
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I got home today and was shocked and amazed to find a box with German writing all over it sitting on my porch. I ran right upstairs and commenced to opening the significant amount of packaging. Once inside I brushed aside the newspaper cushioning to uncover a brand new, shiny PLD1 Line Driver. :evil:

F'ing morons.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

Sure was fast shipping though! :lol:
Collection Growing..........
Drock

Post by Drock »

Wtf. Wasn't it supposed to be a bass cube.? Oops.
zztunnell

Post by zztunnell »

That sux bro.Is there any recourse through Amazon? I literally almost clicked confirm and pay this morning on that bass cube this morning. I was afraid the other members here might snatch up the last 3. Im glad I waited for you to post. I am truly sorry that this happened to you,though! Hopefully something can be worked out.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I'll get it sorted out i'm sure. The only variable will be how pleasant everyone involved is. In the meantime I have a new product suggestion for Phoenix Gold......
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

The dealer or whatever has since raised the price on the bass cube to $179 plus shipping. They also have this line driver listed at $179. Is the Line Driver worth $159 NIB, which is what I have in it?

I'm leaning toward just selling this to someone and get a bass cube off ebay, cutting my losses. I figure it'd be $20+ to ship to Germany and it'd take a week plus to get back there before they'd ship the bass cube, and I'd be three weeks from whenever they check their email getting the bass cube.

Less aggravation to just sell the line driver and buy a cube domestically methinks. Go ahead and say "I told ya so".
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

That adds one more reason why i´m not going to order at mandrops anymore. They used to be a great vendor for valuable gear until about 5 to 6 years ago. I even ended up 5m short of the zeropoint cable i ordered when i did the group buy for regulars on here, only getting the answer that their stock number is right and it must have been my fault when i cutted the cables to their length for everybody on here.

They even better thing they managed to do was a repair job to a MS1000TA of a friend of mine. The dealer he bought it at send it in for repairing only a single channel that intermittendly failed. The amp was packed bombsafe shipping it to mandrops. When it came back there was no stuffing material in the box anymore and all the connectors where broken. Even the RCA´s were damaged. The endplates wher bent to hell and the plexi was cracked too. the force applied to the power connector also bent the bussbars and ripping one of the screws out of the board. And that was a repair job he paid a lot of money for. Mandrops blamed their oviously shitty packjob to be the fault of the shipping company not handling the packagy carefully enough and refused to come up with the money to repair the damage.

That been said i don´t think that u´ll ever get a basscube for the money u paid. I doubted that from the first second u posted that here, because on the last list with leftover PG pieces i downloaded from them there is no Basscube available anymore. So why should they suddenly have them again since thei´re not licensed PG dealers anymore. I can guarantee u that whatever u write or say or tell them they will give u a bullshit answer. It would be more than a surprise to me if they´re able or willing to fix their fuckup.
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

That fuckin' sux bro :shock: ...was only trying to help out and never heard any bad things about the seller :doh: ...sorry to hear you got switched on product. :doh:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

dvnt88 wrote:That fuckin' sux bro :shock: ...was only trying to help out and never heard any bad things about the seller :doh: ...sorry to hear you got switched on product. :doh:
Ain't your fault man. I assumed since it was through Amazon, one of the largest online retailers in the world, that they held their vendors to some sort of standard. I've ordered things from Amazon vendors before without issues. If they don't make it right, and I'm honestly not optimistic, I imagine I'll be reporting them to Amazon for fraud.

It could have been worse, it could have been something that cost a lot of money, like an amp. While taking a $160 hit sucks, I'm not some kid that worked a whole week at McDonalds to spend every last dollar I had on a car audio component. You win some, you lose some. Plus, I can still recover some money on this awesome NIB line driver I have. :lol:

Thing I find f'ing hilarious about the whole thing now is the fact that if you click on the link you posted, the item is unavailable and they don't know if or when they'll get more. There was two on there last night when I sent them an email about fixing their screw up. I very seriously doubt that they sold two bass cubes last night, seeing as they don't even list them as bass cubes on Amazon. The only people that would know how to find them, or even would really desire a bass cube, are on the Phoenix Phorum. They ripped me off sure as the world.

http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Gold-Doct ... oenix+gold
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I think this whole situation will work itself out just fine after exchanging a couple emails with them this morning........if they follow through with what they said they'd do. We shall see.

Also, I won a fairly nice looking used Bass Cube off Ebay this morning, so everything seems to be coming up roses.
dako

Post by dako »

I wish I would've seen this post earlier. I just sold a new bass cube and a TLD66 on ebay last week. BIN, they both went within about 10 minutes. It's great too see there's still a lot of interest in PG product out there.
2007 Scion Tc
Kenwood DDX9907XR
JL Audio TwK88
JL Audio HD900/5
Morel Virtus 602
IDQ12 V.4 D2 Sealed
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Kirghiz wrote:I think this whole situation will work itself out just fine after exchanging a couple emails with them this morning........if they follow through with what they said they'd do. We shall see.
I just got confirmation from Amazon that the refund has been processed, so you might find this amusing. Here is the exchange of emails starting with last night after opening the box. As you can clearly see they are completely on the up and up. They just had a UPC error in their system, that's all. :roll:

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Karsten,
Package arrived today, sooner than I expected. Unfortunately you sent a PLD1 Line Driver instead of the Bass Cube Dimensionalizer that I ordered.

http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Gold-Doct ... oenix+gold

What do I need to do to send this piece, which I have absolutely no use for, back to you and receive what I actually need, which is the Bass Cube?

Thanks,
Josh
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Josh,
many thanks for your e-mail. We deeply apologize that you have no use for the product we sent you. Unfortunately there seems a discrepancy between the two UPC codes of the received item and your ordered item, probably caused by the importer. We did send the Line Driver which we have had registered so far. To figure out the problem we will bring this to a further step.

For now, all we can offer is that if you don’t want to keep the item, please return it to the following address:

Mandrops AG
Bahnhofstr. 17
96106 Ebern
Germany

After receiving the returned item we will check it and refund the amount back to you through Amazon. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have further questions.

Best Regards,
Kristina
I am not paying international shipping to get my money back because you all made a "mistake" on your end. I was warned by individuals who have ordered items from you in the past that this very thing would happen. That you would send the wrong product, when in fact you never had the item I ordered in stock in the first place. You can cover the actual return shipping costs, which will be more than $8.99 I'm sure, in addition to the $158.94 that I paid for the item. Short of that I will be taking action through Amazon, as well as any other action I deem necessary.

Josh

Dear Josh,
many thanks for your reply. We never asked you paying the shipping charges back to us. As already explained there has been a discrepancy between the two UPC codes of those articles. So the article was listed incorrect due to the wrong matching when searching the UPC code on Amazon. Please keep the item. We will refund the amount back to you through Amazon. You don’t have to return it.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have further questions.

Best Regards,
Kristina

Kristina Holstein

Post by dvnt88 »

You scored in a way ...free PLD1, money refunded and you found a BassCUBE you were lookin' for :clap: ...not a bad deal with the exception of the hassle dealing with the seller. :doh:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Yeah, it looks that way. I'm not counting chickens until I see for myself that the money is back on the credit card though. That takes 2-3 days usually.
zztunnell

Post by zztunnell »

Kirghiz wrote:Yeah, it looks that way. I'm not counting chickens until I see for myself that the money is back on the credit card though. That takes 2-3 days usually.
I dont blame you. Saying is one thing doing is another. If they do it that would be decent customer service.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

It isn't so much decent customer service as buying me off so as not to put their status with Amazon in jeopardy. They didn't come around until I threatened. Had it been a deal directly through them and not using Amazon as a proxy it wouldn't have happened this way. Still, I'll take it.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Hmm, this whole deal sucks balls. I really need that ground block that they list and i have not had much luck finding them local or on Ebay. Fuse blocks all day long but i want a matching set. Not sure if i should risk it. I guess i could try and cross my fingers, lol.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

LowandLoud wrote:Hmm, this whole deal sucks balls. I really need that ground block that they list and i have not had much luck finding them local or on Ebay. Fuse blocks all day long but i want a matching set. Not sure if i should risk it. I guess i could try and cross my fingers, lol.

LL
Drock mentioned in his WTS thread that he had access to some matched ground and distro blocks.