Why PG why

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
shaheen

Why PG why

Post by shaheen »

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Car ... 169545.htm

Found this on a chinese website, I hope whoever signed the deal to outsource has some sort of cover for selling copies.

Bring manufacture back to USA
AKA Shaheenk
eyesofra

Post by eyesofra »

that's a rsd500.4 spec ..and has its curves too...
probably, we've just found PG's OEM...
" If u know the rules, then u can break them " - Vidal S
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

it does look subtly different. the screen holes in the cover are larger. the angles on the corners look more acute....I'm butting its different on the inside also.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

and i just emailed PG the link.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

another note....manufacturing wont becoming back any time soon.
they auctioned off all their manufacturing equipment last year, and sold off the extra floorspace where they kept the manufacturing machines.

plus items would roughly double in price

for example. i learned from someone at pg that a certain item cost them $18 in parts and labor to make in house. the exact same item cost them $8 SHIPPED FROM CHINA. with no change in parts or built quality.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

It's called competition.

PG thinks that in order to compete with other brands, they have to cut manufacturing costs. How? China.

American made amps would likely sell a bit better on that point alone, but not well enough, especially due to the fact that their store prices would sky rocket above any close competitor.

I'm not saying I like it, I'm saying PG is trying to stay alive and they obviously thought this was the way to do it... when did they first start with Chinese amps? Xenon?
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

The link is not the factory that builds RSd amps and it looks like a CAD rendering, so who knows if that amp even physically exists.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

octane-r was the first afaik
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

PG Tinly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah well Roland I see all the clones coming back over here in different packages. By the dozens. Clarion, ARC, and Zapco 4 by 50 amp, exactly the same inside even the same board and parts. Just a different case on the outside ALL made in China.
You must admit its possible that it is being made by someone over there and PG would not be able to do anything at all about.

This is some of the mess you run into in dealing with Chinese made electronics. They don't have the same copyright laws we have here. And they really don't apply when your just another customer standing line over there buying their copied and cloned technology, and being just a reseller here in the USA.

I saw them do this sort of thing with Applied Materials semiconductor tools. They will clone anything for money over there, and I do mean anything.

We just saw a Octane R clone a few months ago from the poster here. Seem in his local its just fine business to copy a licensed image to sell something. Shame, a real shame. and its only going to get worse. We have given all of our technology away for a pocket full of money for a few, and a very full un-employment line here where the genius invented it all.

Amazing what a Wall street asshole can do to this country :( :( :(
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

There's some blame to be laid in many different places.

The Chinese are generally rather ruthless when it comes to business. Ethics aren't a concern or even a question.

The American/Western consumer is to blame as well. Walmart-esque "our prices are sooooooo fucking low!" is not only driving down cost for the end consumer, it's driving down quality, purchase experience, support and the little guys. People buying into that shit is killing local production.

There's more, but I can't rant for long.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
rlockwood

Post by rlockwood »

Bfowler wrote:octane-r was the first afaik
I think QX actually.. one of the two.
I'm afraid of widths.
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:
#1 The Chinese are generally rather ruthless when it comes to business. Ethics aren't a concern or even a question.

#2 The American/Western consumer is to blame as well. Walmart-esque "our prices are sooooooo fucking low!" is not only driving down cost for the end consumer, it's driving down quality, purchase experience, support and the little guys. People buying into that shit is killing local production.
Small edit to your post...

#1 The problem is that the Chineese Government doesn't follow international copyright laws (They almost encourage stealing designs)

The cost is so cheap that and the demand for #2 is so high (subsquent rofits) that we deal with it. *The reward outweights the risk.
Dave
91 GMC Syclone - PG Ti 500.4AL, Boston Acoustic Z6, Exile XT10
12 Legacy - Stock
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

don't even get me started, i will be banned and arrested for sure....

Phoenix Gold thought they were unfuckingtouchable... it caught up with them... some very very piss poor decisions by them, left them in the state they are in now... working for the Chinese...
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

yeah , I was the one who posted the Octane rip off, and guys all asked me cause I am Mr PG here, wtf is it with that, I did not have a reply honestly .
Felt like a right royal twit, lucky no one copied the Xenon design, else i would have been crying. I am not a fan of copied products and activly protest against it , but alas, i am not a big enough consumer, or have enough money to end this.

i however do not use any of the copied stuff brought across, because I belive that there is a difference between products .
AKA Shaheenk