RMD to ZX

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
PhuckinGood

RMD to ZX

Post by PhuckinGood »

Does anyone know if the new RMD will plug in to the old white ZX amps? Just looking at monitoring and thought this would be an easy fix.
Alpine CDA-9886R
PG ZX250v1
PG ZX350v2
PG ZX450v1
PG Elite .65cs
PG QX 5.25
PG Ti12 sub x2
zeropoint0.5

Re: RMD to ZX

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

PhuckinGood wrote:Does anyone know if the new RMD will plug in to the old white ZX amps? Just looking at monitoring and thought this would be an easy fix.

http://download.phoenixphorum.com/TechS ... Pinout.pdf

http://download.phoenixphorum.com/TechS ... Pinout.gif

this should have to help you out..... you have to make a new connector.....

the zx series don't have a standard rmd out .......
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I can also show you how to do it with a relay if you do not want to hack up the cables.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
PhuckinGood

Post by PhuckinGood »

ttocs wrote:I can also show you how to do it with a relay if you do not want to hack up the cables.
That would be great, whats a relay by the way!?

Hey love that camera rail you made and the slow looks nice and moody
Alpine CDA-9886R
PG ZX250v1
PG ZX350v2
PG ZX450v1
PG Elite .65cs
PG QX 5.25
PG Ti12 sub x2
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relay

Cliff notes - Its an electronic switch that are used all over cars. If you break it down to its componants its a fairly simple device. There is an electro magnet that produces a field when energized, and when it does it pulls the switch open/closed depending on what contacts on the switch you use. If you look on the bottom of the relay you will see 4-5 pins depending on what style its is, but generally 5 pins. If you look on the plastic that the pins stick out of you will see small numbers designating which pin is what. I don't know why they picked the numbers they did but they are as follows
pins 85 and 86 go to the coil/magnet. Energize these two wires(doesn't matter which is +/-) and you will hear the relay click as the coil pulls the switch
pins 30/87/87a are all related too the switch. When the coil/magnet is not energized pins 30 and 87a are common/connected and when it is powered then pins 30/87 are common/connected.

So for you, you need to connect a wire to a +12v switched wire(behind the radio is a good place) and connect that to either pin 85/86. Again it doesn't matter what ever other pin you do not use will then go to a ground source. Now run a pair of wires from where you will put the relay, back to where the amp is and connect them to the ground/power connections on the amp or find the +12v/ground on the rddp wires. Connect one of these wires to pin 87 on the relay(Doesn't really matter if its the +/- but lets connect the + wire). Now from your rmd with the +/- connections on it, connect the + side to pin 30 on the relay, and then the - from the rmd to the remaining - wire in the pair that you ran from the amp to the relay location. With this set up you will read the amplifiers voltage as long a the key is on no matter if the radio is on or not. It will turn off with the key.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.