Old ti1600.5 vs new ti21600.5

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
OldSkool

Old ti1600.5 vs new ti21600.5

Post by OldSkool »

It looks like the PG website has been updated with the new ti series amps. Was wondering what everybody's thoughts were comparing these two amps. From the specs, there is a slight difference in output, size, and class. I realize the new version is not out yet for real world comparisons.

I like that the old version was a hybrid with triple Darlington output stage and sub channel offering slightly more output and stable to 1 ohm.

I like that the new version is very compact and offers higher power to the front and rear channels.
Kirghiz

Re: Old ti1600.5 vs new ti21600.5

Post by Kirghiz »

There is a HUGE difference in the size of the two amps. There is also a slight difference in the S/N ratio on paper, but if you can hear that difference you are superhuman. It's only 2 ohm stable, but you can adjust for that in system planning and isn't a huge deal. Really, the big test will come when someone installs one and we find out about heat dissipation. If the little one gets hot, it's going to have a hard time cooling down with such little surface area. That's the biggest question mark for me, not the sound or output.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
biplaza

Post by biplaza »

this amps are shipping now? I would like to see a review somewhere :D
todd217

Post by todd217 »

The new one is all class d so it does not need to be to super big.