Opinions please

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
nutxo

Opinions please

Post by nutxo »

I have a matching sub amp for this amp and was wondering if anyone could give me input on what thye think the sq might be like on this amp. I know its a stuipd question just from a few pics but what the hell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CT-Sounds-125-4 ... 1c3506ebbc
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Re: Opinions please

Post by Eric D »

There are no stupid questions, but yes yours is pretty stupid. :wink:

The circuit design has more to do with the sound of an amplifier than the parts do. An example would be the PG M25 which has very few parts, but excellent sound quality.

As for the build quality of that amp it looks pretty good though. There are apparently dual power supplies, and 6 MOSFETs are used in each. There are also 4 outputs transistors per channel, which being that they are larger TO-247 sized parts, makes for a pretty beefy output section.

So long as the circuit design is good, that could be an impressive amp both power wise, and SQ wise.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

Eric D wrote:There are no stupid questions, but yes yours is pretty stupid. :wink:

The circuit design has more to do with the sound of an amplifier than the parts do. An example would be the PG M25 which has very few parts, but excellent sound quality.

As for the build quality of that amp it looks pretty good though. There are apparently dual power supplies, and 6 MOSFETs are used in each. There are also 4 outputs transistors per channel, which being that they are larger TO-247 sized parts, makes for a pretty beefy output section.

So long as the circuit design is good, that could be an impressive amp both power wise, and SQ wise.
LOL. Thanks. Im a little less hesitant buying an amp that no one has input about :-)
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

never heard of it.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

ttocs wrote:never heard of it.
The guy that started audio technix ( high quality car audio wire at fair prices ) released an amp line. There were copyright issues about the name so they are going with ct sounds,. If I have the story right.

I know they had some amps for the vehicles they sponsored. Maybe they expanded. The amp I have is the 1400.1 and its supposed to be a beastly little thing rated 1400@1 at 12v. All the class d amps do well over rated.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

The specs look good, and for the price of that 4 channel I think it could be a good value. Honestly though, I would be more concerned with dependability than performance.

A quick Google search for CT sounds turned up a youtube video of Steve Meade putting the 1400.1 on the amp dyno. Seems like a pretty good amp all in all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84ActzCEvA
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

Kirghiz wrote:The specs look good, and for the price of that 4 channel I think it could be a good value. Honestly though, I would be more concerned with dependability than performance.

A quick Google search for CT sounds turned up a youtube video of Steve Meade putting the 1400.1 on the amp dyno. Seems like a pretty good amp all in all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84ActzCEvA
They do have a 1 yr warranty...