4ch bridged to 2ch - will imaging suffer?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: 4ch bridged to 2ch - will imaging suffer?

Post by ttocs »

or the cross overs in the amp
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
sunshinefc3s

Post by sunshinefc3s »

dbjury wrote:Have you considered running front speakers active. Tweeters off front channels. Woofers off rear channels. Using you imprint crossovers.

Sent from my slutty assistant...
Yeah, the imprint is fully capable of running the speakers active. I have not tried it yet. First, I want to see what is the best sound I can get out of them passive. Then, if I'm not happy, Ill try them active.
-a
sunshinefc3s

Post by sunshinefc3s »

UPDATE:
Tried a few different configurations today...nothing worked. I cant seem to get stereo out of the ti500.4 bridged. The amp only accepts signals into front L and R. Any signals into the rear channels are ignored by the amp (this was verified by using an iPod source connected via 3.5mm/RCA wire). So, using a Y-connector as shown in Eric D's diagram does not work. I do get sound out of both front speakers, but they are mono. This is annoying.

Any additional insights welcome.
-a
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

If the rear inputs do nothing, then either you don't have the config switches in the proper locations, or the amplifier is broken.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
sunshinefc3s

Post by sunshinefc3s »

Eric D wrote:If the rear inputs do nothing, then either you don't have the config switches in the proper locations, or the amplifier is broken.
To clarify, when bridged they do nothing.

Amp was repaired by valeks1 about a yr or so ago (it may still be re-broken, but not likely).

Which config switches? The rear/aux is set to "F", but that should not do anything because I'm not using aux RCA output. The filters are set to Bypass on both front and rear because the Imprint handles the x-overs.

Not sure whats going on.
-Alex
Last edited by sunshinefc3s on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

I'll play with mine later tonight or tomorrow to see if I can figure it out. (that didn't sound right, lol).
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

sunshinefc3s wrote:
Eric D wrote:If the rear inputs do nothing, then either you don't have the config switches in the proper locations, or the amplifier is broken.
To clarify, when bridged they do nothing.

Amp was repaired by valeks1 about a yr or so ago (it may still be re-broken, but not likely).

Which config switches? The rear/aux is set to "F", but that should not do anything because I'm not using aux RCA output. The filters are set to Bypass on both front and rear because the Imprint handles the x-overs.

Not sure whats going on.
-Alex
Set the FRONT config switch to "BY" to bypass the amps crossover(s). Set the INPUT SELECT switch to "R". This will allow your rear RCA inputs to accept a signal instead of taking a signal from the front inputs. Set the REAR config switch so that it selects "BY" for the rear and "BY" for the aux output. (It should be straight up and down.) Now look at Eric D's diagram again and use "Y" adapters to send signals to the appropriate inputs. Take pictures of your configurations so we can see what's going on if this doesn't work.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
sunshinefc3s

Post by sunshinefc3s »

dwnrodeo wrote:Set the FRONT config switch to "BY" to bypass the amps crossover(s). Set the INPUT SELECT switch to "R". This will allow your rear RCA inputs to accept a signal instead of taking a signal from the front inputs. Set the REAR config switch so that it selects "BY" for the rear and "BY" for the aux output. (It should be straight up and down.) Now look at Eric D's diagram again and use "Y" adapters to send signals to the appropriate inputs. Take pictures of your configurations so we can see what's going on if this doesn't work.
THIS worked! Apparently, I completely misinterpreted the function of the input select switch. I'm a dumbass. Thanks you dwnrodeo for setting me straight.
-a