Is this elite subwoofer trash?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Tony_jr_LGND

Is this elite subwoofer trash?

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

Long story short, was finding a good deal on some pg gear on craigslist, turns out the guy im talking to is my friends boyfriend, my concern is the sub appear to have a crack\rip on the rubber, he sent me a video of it working but im worried as to how it will be in the long run
That's the sub, with an atrendusa bbox ,

He also wants to sell me this rx1100.1 and the stinger wiring kit, not sure which series

He wants to sell me the sub,box,amp, and wiring kit all together for 450 and can meet me locally, im just wondering if i should take the risk with the sub?
vwdude

Re: Is this elite subwoofer trash?

Post by vwdude »

The damage itself wouldn't be a worry for me but it appears that he doesn't take care of his stuff. I don't really like how the amp is mounted and there appears to be some damage on the amp as well. I would proceed cautiously.

Look at all of the junk around the sub but yet no grill to protect it. That for sure is why it's damaged. Also, is that a prefab box?

You can always have the sub reconed, you need to ask yourself if it's worth it. For $450 I would say no. $300 might be worth it though.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

vwdude wrote:The damage itself wouldn't be a worry for me but it appears that he doesn't take care of his stuff. I don't really like how the amp is mounted and there appears to be some damage on the amp as well. I would proceed cautiously.

Look at all of the junk around the sub but yet no grill to protect it. That for sure is why it's damaged. Also, is that a prefab box?

You can always have the sub reconed, you need to ask yourself if it's worth it. For $450 I would say no. $300 might be worth it though.
Yeah where do they make grills for this sub? and although cosmetically damaged the amp still should work fine, i wonder, how and where shoulsld the amplifier be mounted
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

The owners manual calls for a 1.75 cu ft. Box for the vented spl requirements and this one is 1.7 cu ft. , the box is from atrendusa.com
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

pg doesn't make grill or recone kits
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

kg1961 wrote:pg doesn't make grill or recone kits
Yeah im pretty sure i can have a grill made but i like to keep ny stuff nice so that wont really be an issue, as far as repair, id just have to find someone that could fix it, anybody on here that can?
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I would not buy it! the amp new is only $128 cnd this week at visions
2020 honda accord sport
Drock

Post by Drock »

Trust me. You won't find it easy to repair that sub. I have a brand new one, and have been searching for three weeks. Pg does not repair or re cone these subs.
Unless you can get it down another $100-$150, I would not do it. Like mike said, that amp is super cheap at the moment. Wire kit is like $80. So your paying $200 for a sub that I'm sure won't last long in that condition.
You can get a lot of nice subs cheaper than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

Drock wrote:Trust me. You won't find it easy to repair that sub. I have a brand new one, and have been searching for three weeks. Pg does not repair or re cone these subs.
Unless you can get it down another $100-$150, I would not do it. Like mike said, that amp is super cheap at the moment. Wire kit is like $80. So your paying $200 for a sub that I'm sure won't last long in that condition.
You can get a lot of nice subs cheaper than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I called around some shops in my area and theyre charging 250 for the rx amps, and as far as the sub goes i guess i just wont end up getting it,
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

kg1961 wrote:pg doesn't make recone kits
This.

The RX1100.1 isn't an expensive amp to begin with, and that one is beat to piss. The sub is $399 new, and it is damaged. I wouldn't want to be into that collection of gear for more than about $250, assuming the sub functions as it should, and assuming I would run gear that is beat to hell. $450 isn't a bad price if the gear was clean, but it isn't.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

Kirghiz wrote:
kg1961 wrote:pg doesn't make recone kits
This.

The RX1100.1 isn't an expensive amp to begin with, and that one is beat to piss. The sub is $399 new, and it is damaged. I wouldn't want to be into that collection of gear for more than about $250, assuming the sub functions as it should, and assuming I would run gear that is beat to hell. $450 isn't a bad price if the gear was clean, but it isn't.
Just met up with the dude at my local audio shop, he got the set up from them too, the owner of the shop told us he deals with pg frequently so he texted them a pic of the sub, being that hes a dealer of theirs they might just send a new sub (ill find out tomorrow, can the amp be covered for cosmetic damage?), and yeah the dude im buying this off of said that the sub cracked from it and the box being heavy and falling over. the amp looked the same in person, while trashed on the outside i care that it performs and might be able to have my godfather repaint it. i got a lquick listen at about 30% volume, bass was good being that its underpowered, but overall sound lacked, the guy had a set of r series comps in the back and alpine comps upfront, he also was running offf of oem deck with no eq whatsoever so mids and highs were lackluster and in a 60$ prefab(theyre sending a new one the one in the car had slight crack). Now the plan is if we get another sub through insurance my car will be running two elites, two rx1100.1s, one rx400.4 to power two sets of ti comps, audio control epicenter, alpine cde-153bt, custim box, stinger wiring, and more likely than not an upgraded alternator or battery
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

It seems like you are really trying to find a way to buy this guys stuff.

If you get a new sub out of it then it's a step in he right direction, but you still have a beat up amp (cosmetic for sure, who knows about the rest) and the amp itself is under powering the sub (your words, I am not familiar with is amp or sub), plus that amp is inexpensive as it is available for cheap (noted by KG1961), so price would still be a concern for me.

Ultimately you will do what you want, but my advise is to talk him down as low as you can.

Btw, how useful is that wiring kit as you already have a system and wire already run. I wouldnt add another power wire, I'd run a thicker line like 1/0 and use a distribution block.
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

vwdude wrote:It seems like you are really trying to find a way to buy this guys stuff.

If you get a new sub out of it then it's a step in he right direction, but you still have a beat up amp (cosmetic for sure, who knows about the rest) and the amp itself is under powering the sub (your words, I am not familiar with is amp or sub), plus that amp is inexpensive as it is available for cheap (noted by KG1961), so price would still be a concern for me.

Ultimately you will do what you want, but my advise is to talk him down as low as you can.

Btw, how useful is that wiring kit as you already have a system and wire already run. I wouldnt add another power wire, I'd run a thicker line like 1/0 and use a distribution block.
Its a complete stinger wiring kit, the same that the shop was going to set me up with, if i were to go through with the deal they were just going to remove it from his car and install into mine, in about 3 hours ill find out if i can get a new sub or not, if i dont im not buying it, and yeah while the amp is cosmetically damaged that the wiring and the box are practically free if i can get that new sub that retails at 400
Edit:wiring appeared to be 4 gauge i think, the kit sells for like 120 on stingers website
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I have a hard time seeing why pg would replace the sub. they don't cover stupid. it has been Cleary dropped. a 4 gauge wiring kit can be found all day for 50.00 I just hope since it been cut that it is not to short for you. I would never buy it as it has been treated like shit. I don't care what a shop said unless the replacement is in your hand at the time the money will transfer. I worked at a stereo store years ago and the bs I heard to get things done was crazy
the amp is worth nothing the sub is garbage as is and the wiring used is like 30.00
you can find much better and cleaner items for the money asked and what you would like to spend just keep your eyes open
remember there is no warranty with any of this
sound like your going to buy it best of luck I sure hope it works out in the end for you
2020 honda accord sport
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

kg1961 wrote:I have a hard time seeing why pg would replace the sub. they don't cover stupid. it has been Cleary dropped. a 4 gauge wiring kit can be found all day for 50.00 I just hope since it been cut that it is not to short for you. I would never buy it as it has been treated like shit. I don't care what a shop said unless the replacement is in your hand at the time the money will transfer. I worked at a stereo store years ago and the bs I heard to get things done was crazy
the amp is worth nothing the sub is garbage as is and the wiring used is like 30.00
you can find much better and cleaner items for the money asked and what you would like to spend just keep your eyes open
remember there is no warranty with any of this
sound like your going to buy it best of luck I sure hope it works out in the end for you
Yeah right now im leaning towards not buying it, amd as far as if the wiring would fit, yes, my car is the same size as his as far as length goes and theres still some slack, and ive been looking around and some guy told me he could get me an rx400.4 to power my ti comps for 140$ probably gonna go with him
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

Forgot to mention i have a godfather who owns a body shop and i want him to paint one of my amps (perferably the 400.4, does this void warranty?
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

warranty is void if you buy it. it only cover oem person that bought it and it had to be at a authorised dealer
2020 honda accord sport
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

kg1961 wrote:warranty is void if you buy it. it only cover oem person that bought it and it had to be at a authorised dealer
Oh, well what if i paint one i already bought from a dealer?, anyways i found a guy that said he could get me an rx400.4 for 140, my inly worry is if hes selling me a fake pg amp, he says he buys from a guy who runs a shop and ive already seen some of the stuff he has, he was selling some kicker, pioneer, audio stream, rockford, and jensen. And im not buying from that other guy anymore
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

My suggestion is to buy from an authorized dealer. You are trying to save a buck now but you will spend more in the long run this way. There is at least one authorized dealer on here that I'm sure can cut you a deal.
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

vwdude wrote:My suggestion is to buy from an authorized dealer. You are trying to save a buck now but you will spend more in the long run this way. There is at least one authorized dealer on here that I'm sure can cut you a deal.
Yeah my dealer in my town is selling me an rx400.4 for 250 and either two sets of ti comps or one set of ti comps and one set of coaxials for the back (not sure if i want to buold tweetpods in the back yet so i got both options) for 450 with installation included, but i just called an out kf town dealer and they were charging 200 for the rx400.4
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

Tiffany Lamy wrote:Hello dude..I want to buy the amp but little bit confused about which company is best for the amplifier in this kit i see many fault but i think its much comfortable as compare to the others kit you must repair the kit and hope is at the end it should give to you better result...
Hey sorry this isn't my amp but the guy is still trying to sell this type in phoenix gold on craigslist sf bay area section and you should be able to find it, the guy has this package listed for like 340 and im still pretty sure he wants to sell it whole instead selling it apart piece by piece but you could still try contacting him

Edit: Found the link https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/4400045258.html
ROBSCUSTOMSAPK

Post by ROBSCUSTOMSAPK »

Gear looks beat up to me. But that sub is a beast and that amp is a strong performer at its price point. Retail for that amp $400. Authorized dealer cost on that amp is way more than $128 cnd unless the exchange rates have recently risen greatly, I cant see it being sold for that.
JVC usb/cd h/u
PG ti eq6
4x PG ti6cs
2x Eminence alpha 12"
2x Incriminator Audio 18" Judges
2x Incriminator Audio 3.4
2x Incriminator Audio 40.1

AUTHORIZED PHOENIX GOLD DEALER.
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

ROBSCUSTOMSAPK wrote:Gear looks beat up to me. But that sub is a beast and that amp is a strong performer at its price point. Retail for that amp $400. Authorized dealer cost on that amp is way more than $128 cnd unless the exchange rates have recently risen greatly, I cant see it being sold for that.
Yeah my dealer told me it was 400 too, so far he sold me an elite sib for 250,rx1100.1 amp for 250, ti comps for 150, and an epicenter for 110, my only concern was the fear that the sub was really but the crack in the rubber and the box's poor condition were red flags, i think hes still trying to sell but for about 100$ cheaper