zx950 rebuild

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
busterkiller86

zx950 rebuild

Post by busterkiller86 »

I am looking for someone to rebuild my zx950. I would like all new caps, and any other common problem parts replaced. All of the terminals, and hardware is fine. Any suggestions for someone who is reliable and has experience with these line of amps would be appreciated. I plan on running this amp hard and for long durations. I don't plan on running anything other than this amplifier, this line all around is by far the best line of amps I have come across.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: zx950 rebuild

Post by ttocs »

most of us have used http://phoenixgoldrepair.com/ when we needed it and been happy with it. Shipping is going to be a killer on that thing though...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Where are you located? There are several people who are proven to be great at doing that all around the country/world. It might be smart to find someone close to you so you can save on shipping.

You didn't buy the one off eBay, did you?
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
busterkiller86

Post by busterkiller86 »

Back again asking the same question. The amplifier suffered some water damage and will no longer turn on. I am having trouble finding anyone who can repair it. I would also be interested in buying another zx950 to replace but am having trouble finding any for sale. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

zx950's are hard to find they actually made less of those then they did the reactors.... You can probably get a reactor for less since they always have finish issues. There are a few on here that can help with repairs that will say so shortly.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

busterkiller86 wrote:Back again asking the same question. The amplifier suffered some water damage and will no longer turn on. I am having trouble finding anyone who can repair it. I would also be interested in buying another zx950 to replace but am having trouble finding any for sale. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The ZX950 is made from two amps, the ZX450, and the ZX500. What side is not turning on for you?

ZX950s are indeed very rare, but ZX450s, and ZX500s are not. You can always buy either one to replace the bad side on your ZX950. This photo may explain better...

Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

^ what eric said.

and i guarantee you it can be fixed. Ive worked on a few zx950s including mine that I got in horrible shape.

where are you located? If you give the state then we can recommend the closest good tech to avoid crazy shipping fees.

also, I run the phoenix gold registry and I have the zx950 on there. PM me your serial number and location and I can add it to the registry.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.