1995 chevy astro system

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
CK1991

1995 chevy astro system

Post by CK1991 »

I recently purchased a 1995 chevy astro (conversion) as a work truck. While it is great as a work/ play vehicle, the factory system blows chunks. one front speaker only plays highs, the other front speaker sounds like garbage and makes weird noises on bass notes, and the rear 4x10s have no dynamic range. I am currently installing a factory UX1 cadillac radio (an all around better radio, and can be easily modified to have a line in) and some infinity reference speakers I have lying around, but am wanting to put components in the doors. I have components out of a pair of klipsch synergy b3 bookshelf speakers I would like to install (1" aluminum dome in a horn and 6.5" IMPP woofer), along with an image dynamics IDQ10 v1.
I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of a basic 2 or 3 way install in a gen 1 astro/ safari van they could share (all I've been able to find was SPL installs). I want it to look more stealth. amps will be installed under the front seats/ console.

should I install the tweeters in the dash and woofers in the doors, or both in the doors, and also what to do for a crossover. I would like to get an active crossover, but my budget is pretty low (hence my using alot of parts I have lying around).
Also, what should I use for a LOC? (as with the crossover, I am considering used)
Pioneer keh9595 + deh80prs, Phoenix Gold xs6600 PG M10p, and some randon speakers in a van