Xenon Scratchy X-over Pots??

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Xenon Scratchy X-over Pots??

Post by AVICJR »

I'm starting to get a scratchy noise in one of my tweeters. It only happens in the morning and goes away during daytime (odd). Was there a problem with the scratchy x-over pots on the Xenons? I've never heard anyone else complain of it. Or is this yet ANOTHER problem in my RF 3Sixty.3, which is the worst piece of equipment I've ever owned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Re: Xenon Scratchy X-over Pots??

Post by Eric D »

I had the exact same problem on my old Soundstream amp. It turned out to be in the crossover configuration switches.

I would start by pushing the config switches on your Xenon in and out a bunch of times and then leave them were you had them and see if the problem improves at all.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Xenon Scratchy X-over Pots??

Post by ttocs »

its not uncommon for some corrosion to develop in them after time. As eric said most of them can be fixed/cleaned by simply moving the pot/switch from one side to the other a few times. Do it with the power off and just be sure to take note of its location to return it to the same location.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.