Low voltage, best place to connect a power supply..

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
onecrazy95civic

Low voltage, best place to connect a power supply..

Post by onecrazy95civic »

Well I know I touch that subject before, but here it goes again...Due to the size fact of my system it demands a lot of juice to power it, even with the power supply plug in and with everything on, LEDs, TVs, etc... at times, the voltage on the RDDP digital displays show as low 9 volts!!! So I need to do something about, obviously the one little Odyssey dedicated for the system just can't do shit!!! So I'll be relocating the Odyssey dedicated to the car back to the front (inside the wheel well) and probably also the MBG130 Isolator. Eliminating some unneeded fuzes between alternator - battery, etc.. And will be adding two Yellow Top Optima's just for the system, hopefully helping me with the low voltage situation.

Presently my power supply is connected directly to the MBG130 Isolator central post where the alternator is connected. I would like to know if I can just connected it directly to the Optima batteries bypassing the isolator completly or even maybe into the slot that is left in one of my TiZBB12 fuze block. If anybody has a better idea, please feel free to let me know. open to any suggestion here. But one thing for sure the Optima's are going in!
PHOENIX GOLD
1.Reactor x3 #109, #407 & #496
2.Ti EQ30 x2
3.TiBasscube
4.TiDD10
5.TiPowercore 20
6.TLD66
7.Ti15 DVC x2
8.Ti5 Elite x4
9.Ti9 Elite
10.R-Link boxes x6 w/digital guages x12
11. Ti Distribution blocks (Power x4 & Ground x1)
ALPINE
1.TME-M750a x5
2.TMX-R1000 x3
OTHERS
1. IPAD 2
2. 32" LED Screen
3. PS3
lashlee

Re: Low voltage, best place to connect a power supply..

Post by lashlee »

I've got an RV style of power supply that is rated at 80 amps that was wired directly into the front battery in my old Accord. I didn't have quite as elaborate setup as you but I did have two AB amps (one Xtant 604, one Xtant 603) and a single class D amp (Xtant 1000d) plus a second battery, gauges, headrest monitors, PS2, and a Sega Dream Cast and never had any issues. I know they make them up to approximately 175 amps that may work for you (or maybe a pair!).