ZX450 tweak

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Mr. Wild

ZX450 tweak

Post by Mr. Wild »

Hi guys!

Stumbled upon this:
http://www.ampdoctor.co.uk/more-phoenix ... fications/

What do you think about that?
Zeropoint has mentioned ZX bias issues many times at least.
--
M50, MS275, MPS2500, ZX450, ZPA0.3
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Re: ZX450 tweak

Post by Eric D »

That mod is a pretty cool idea, but would not be audible.

And with that in mind, it makes little sense to me to increase the heat output, for no gain in performance.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Several amps have bias issues, my friend Cecil advised me to remove those predrivers and installed them underneath the pcb sandwiched between the board and chassis. Flat side of transistor against the metal chassis of amplifier. A dab of thermal compound of course. I haven't tried it but wanted to do so several times when I had a hard time with the bias adjustment and having dc offset drift depending on temperature and how long the amplifier is running.

I think the heat sink bar is a much better idea, I would of added fins to the top or rear side to help dissipate heat. They do sell individual heat sink clips for those devices though, so wouldn't hurt to try those first. I had to install some in a few ZX amps, certainly did help.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Eric D wrote:That mod is a pretty cool idea, but would not be audible.

And with that in mind, it makes little sense to me to increase the heat output, for no gain in performance.
Agreed, increasing the bias is not something i'm into due to the heat increase in those devices.