Questions about my two RSDC124 (12" 4 ohm) subs and more

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Juggernuts

Questions about my two RSDC124 (12" 4 ohm) subs and more

Post by Juggernuts »

Hi guys and gals! I used this site to help me build my beast on a budget system over 5 years ago. The best part? My RSDC12's still work, and I'm ready for a new install! I recently bought a new vehicle and hadn't installed my subs (my old amp fried) but now I'm ready to put these old girls back to work. I'll be pairing them with the following:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_771 ... 00.1D.html

It puts 1300 watts @ 1 ohm and has been a very well received amplifier. The old amp I had was a Planet audio 1600.D that put out 1200 @ 1 ohm, but was most likely overrated and put out around 1000.

So, my questions to you all:

1. I should be fine with this amp powering these subs correct? I know they can handle over their RMS and this will only be 50 over to each sub.

2. I'm putting them in a pre-fab (I know, the humanity!) box that will go under my backseat. I have a '15 ram, and each sub will get .63 sq ft., but this is before sub displacement. I should add some polyfill yes? If so, how much?

3. What are the RSDC12's successors? In case these ever blow or I want to upgrade, I am firmly sold on Phoenix Gold and would like to know what their replacements are.

Quick EDIT: I used to have these in a custom built ported enclosure, and they would make your chest hurt they hit so hard. Unfortunately I have to have a backseat now so I'll need to get them running as best as possible in the setup I have. I know some of you are going to kill me for putting them in a prefab, but it's my only option. :)
lukeman269

Re: Questions about my two RSDC124 (12" 4 ohm) subs and more

Post by lukeman269 »

I will help since no one else will. This site has really died down in the last year or so. I think a lot of people have migrated to PG Facebook page or are too busy to keep up with the forum posts.

You will be fine with that amp. You can always turn it down if those subs don't like that much power.

That's a very tight fit for those woofers so I would recommend about 3/4 of a pound of poly fill per chamber on your enclosure.

PG just recently came out with their Ti3 line which is the newest model of the line you currently have. It actually uses much better parts and looks very cool.

Let me know if you have any other questions.