Route 66 Mods

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
zeropoint

Route 66 Mods

Post by zeropoint »

I am in the process of re-capping my route 66 amp. I have always wanted to bridge the M44 section to run the front speakers and leave the M25 to power the rear. What if anything needs to be done to bypass the low pass crossover on the sub output to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
zeropoint0.5

Re: Route 66 Mods

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

check the file

Welcome to the phorum of course, but i hope people will not confuse you with me..... maybe you can check if you

can look for another username (no offence) . it's easier for everybody this way.....thanks in advance...

good luck with the amp .......

Paul
Attachments
Route 66 Signal Routing Mod.pdf
(36.09 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
zeropoint

Post by zeropoint »

No offence I did not think to look at that...and I will change my user name once I figure out how.

I have that mod sheet but it seems only to be if you want to use the LPF (Sub Channel) for the M25 or some combination of that. I just want the amp to be for high pass only using an external crossover for signal filtering. Reading comprehension was never my strong point. I looked at just the M44 and there is a way to defeat the LPF...how do I do that on the Route 66? You can select off for the HPF but not the LPF.

Thanks again
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I am guessing the best mod you can do to the Route 66 to accomplish your goals will be to add another set of RCA input jacks, and then run all channels from an external crossover. Several people have done this in the past.

You could configure the M44 section to be highpass, and then run a new internal set of wires from the inputs to the M25 section, and in parallel to the inputs to the M44.

If it were my amp, I would desolder the factory RCA jacks off the boards. then replace them with "Tiffany" style ones. I would direct solder wires from one pair to the inputs to the M25 for the rears, and then direct solder wires from the remaining pair to the M44 inputs (going from 2 to 4, to avoid "Y" cables). This case would then require the rear channels to have an external crossover. The advantage to this plan would be the amp can easily be put back to stock in the future if desired.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...