ZPA0.3

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Nick666

ZPA0.3

Post by Nick666 »

Hi Guys

I've just picked up a ZPA 0.3 from eBay here in the U.K. It's not in perfect condition and the plexi is missing but it's nothing serious.

Whilst having a poke around I found a micro switch located under one of the plexi screws which looks to have been added later. Is this right?

ImageImageImageImage
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Re: ZPA0.3

Post by Eric D »

That is original, and keeps the amp from powering up without the plexi on it.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

yup so as he said if you got it non-working there is a good chance if you power it up and hold that switch it will work. as long as the caps don't explode.....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

ttocs wrote:yup so as he said if you got it non-working there is a good chance if you power it up and hold that switch it will work. as long as the caps don't explode.....
Doubt it...because that's one of gold plexi screw they left on the amp...the one right on the switch.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

ah crap its been for ever since I had a zero point with me I though the plexi hit the switch not the screw.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Nick666

Post by Nick666 »

Thanks guys.

I'm aware of the issues with the caps so it's not going to be powered up until they have been replaced.

The amp has been worked on before as the phono connector isn't soldered in straight so that will need fixing. Hopefully that's all I find wrong. Also need to do something about the plexi and the micro switch as it looks crap. I know a guy who does powder coating so I'll have a chat with him about getting the case done. Hopefully I can get it looking good soon.

Is there anything else I should be replacing whilst it's apart?