rebuilding an OG ms1000 Nickel

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: rebuilding an OG ms1000 Nickel

Post by ttocs »

I have some foam that was supposed to go between a bed of a truck and the bed topper but its pretty thick stuff. I considered using the old silpads I am removing or are they too thin?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
JK

Post by JK »

I have a extra sink, but it's black.. if u need it let me know
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I'm glad that plexi came out as good as it did and it made it to you safe.

I have your next part being made as we speak. I'll have them ready next week.

Those take-off torroids... do you have plans for them? Hit me up... I may have a use for them.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have a couple of the coils left over but the only torroids left are burned.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I really just need to take some measurements since I'm gonna make some of my own.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am still not sure what to use on the back of the press bars. A closed cell heat resistant foam sounds easy but I need it to work and work for a while. I was thinking I have some silicon tape that is heat resistant and also has some give to it to do the job at hand. Anyone else have any other ideas?
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I would not think heat would be a big concern for the foam. The transistors are only going to get as hot as the heatsink does, and even a "too hot to touch" heatsink is still likely much lower than the foam's melting point.

I think my MS1000TA had closed cell foam on the clamp bars.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

with my luck I would get the wrong type and it would melt and make a huge mess. I know the silicon tape would not melt and I think two layers would allow for enough give to get an even press.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

anyone have any extra 1.5k 5 watt resistors? I am waiting for 6 and I thought it said it had a short back order, now they are saying they don't know when they will get them. All the rest from the set I picked from digikey are bigger by a sig amount....
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

all my local electronics parts store had in that wattage was the big square ceramic style. I think I could get them to fit but I know they will stick out pretty bad.

Where was that link to repairing via holes? Can't find it now that I have the solder wick finally.

I found some blue anodized 4-40 screws for the press bars. I think with a nice stainless washer they will look nice on the blue press bars.

I also spurged for some blue terminals

I added some lighting for the middle section. It will hide the fuses when its done but right now its just set in place. I want to cover the PG logo with the same gold vinyl and then move the "Phoenix" portion on the plexi over a bit so it will not cover the surfboard logo.

I hoped to have more done but my stomach has really been holding me back so far this year. If I can find the 1.5k resistors though I can replace them and then mount the amps. All I would be waiting on then would be the end caps. I found mps end caps so I started to strip them and I am going to try and get them smoother this time by laying a few layers of copper down first to polish out and then do the nickel. Slowly but its comming alive.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

took some time today on the mps end plates. STarted off with stripper, then 150-320-600-1000 and then ran them up 3 buffing wheels. I might try another one a little later but they came out great.
JK

Post by JK »

Those look so much better than the regular 2250 end plates in my opinion...

U can't go wrong starting off with a striped.. Ive scene them go up and down poles but never a buffing wheel.. lol!!:)
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

JK wrote:Those look so much better than the regular 2250 end plates in my opinion...

U can't go wrong starting off with a striped.. Ive scene them go up and down poles but never a buffing wheel.. lol!!:)
Seriously? Thats cool as I have never seen the end plates before. I hope to drop them off at my plater tomorrow. He is going to do a couple layers of copper on it so I can buff that even smoother before we do the nickel. I think I will get the surfboard logos I have laying around done as well.
JK

Post by JK »

U didn't get the joke.. about the stripper.. lol
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I got it but was more concerned with the end plates.
JK

Post by JK »

Lol!! This folks is a prime example of why he's a grumpy asshole.. with that said... never take what Scott says personal.. if strippers don't make him smile end plates will..
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

.↑↑↑↑ that's some funny shit
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Rofl that's pretty funny.

Those terminals will look good in the amp.
JK

Post by JK »

Damn bud!!! Hope I wasn't post dumping on ya and scared ya away from the topic.. what's the latest status on your build? Hope your health is ok...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

no its not you, its me. about a month ago I was scheduled to take a 5 day course 90 mins away from me for the Holley EFI HP to learn everything it can do at holley. I knew the trip would be difficult for me with my health issues as I would need to take all the food with me that I would need and just pray to not get sick anyway. It ended the way I unfortunately expected it too when after 4 hrs I ran for my hotel and puked the rest of the day. I could tell this was how the next few days would go so I tucked my tail between my legs and made the drive home. On the way back it occurred to me that this was the first trip I have taken in 8 yrs and was hoping it would go well to open up some future trips to see friends and just basically get out. So with no where to go, nothing to do what does it matter if my car is fast/cool/what ever I am still trapped right here. So in the last month I have not even gone out to the garage and just been walking past the amp projects with absolutely no motivation to do little more then sleep, maybe play tom clancy ghost recon but otherwise I only left my house a few days ago for the first time since. I just can't seem to give a shit wondering if this is as good as it will get....
JK

Post by JK »

Damn it man... sorry to hear all this.. my advice is to just stay positive and don't let these things bring you down.. I know it's easier said than done from my shoes, but you have to enjoy what times you can and stay motivated.. don't let it keep you down..

Google GCMAF!!! I think that might be a help for you.. it's worth a try.. do some research and see what you think.. not many people know about this, but I have first hand.. it has had doctors come up missing.. it's the cure of all cures..
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

the other part of the problems was that I had been feeling worse and of course because of some new medicine. Back in feb they did a test that showed my stomach was not emptying fast enough so they put me on a new pill 4x a day to help. Slowly over the next month I started to develop some new problems(I will spare you the details digestive systems are not fun this way) that were making the old problems even worse. I cut the med to 2x a day but noticed no difference so after 6 weeks I quit taking it. I was hoping the new problems would go away and they have very slowly been getting better over the past 5 weeks but there have been more bad days then good. Finally this last week I started to feel well enough to get out of my bedroom/bathroom. No shit in that 10 weeks I was doing this little experiment I left my house 2 times.... Been spending more time on the car as the weather has been perfect then on the amp but thankfully things are getting a little better.
JK

Post by JK »

Did u google gcmaf?
freshkryp69

Post by freshkryp69 »

JK wrote:Did u google gcmaf?
I read about several Dr's that lost their lives exposing what GcMaF uncovered, or cured!~ That shit needs to go viral...
Square 1
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

not sure what to make of it myself.