xenon 100.4 left channels dont work

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
basyager

xenon 100.4 left channels dont work

Post by basyager »

It works in bridged using the left + and right -

I cleaned the board with iso, soapy water, and rinsed it. After drying it in an oven the left - came back to life but not for long.

Does this sound like a bad solder somewhere down the line? Can I troubleshoot it with a multimeter only? How much would this cost to repair if I can't do it? I'm a beginner electronics tinkerer.

I'm gonna give it another round in the oven.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Re: xenon 100.4 left channels dont work

Post by Eric D »

If both left channels do not work, that might be an easy fix. The channels are independent of each other, aside from a few connections in the preamp section. You could be dealing with a bad combine switch, or bad configuration switch.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
basyager

Post by basyager »

Eric D wrote:If both left channels do not work, that might be an easy fix. The channels are independent of each other, aside from a few connections in the preamp section. You could be dealing with a bad combine switch, or bad configuration switch.
Thanks. Didn't know I got any replies. I thought I'd get an email.

ACTUALLY like i said they work bridged, the front bridged sounds clean but the rear I hear music as well as a buzzing sound, If I use left channels that buzzing is all I hear.

Combine switch..is that the 2/4 channel switch? and configuration switch is the one of the filter switches?

gonna take it to a tech. this amp sounds TOO CLEAN for me to mess it up..
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Even though the amp sounds OK bridged, that does not mean it is working bridged. If one channel is not working, an amp will still potentially play music bridged, but since you use both channels to bridge, you would only be getting half the normal bridged voltage (one quarter of the power).

Yes, the combine switch is the 2/4 switch on that amp, and the configuration switches would be the high and low pass enable switches.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...