old school xmax 12 manual box specs

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
stereo_dave

old school xmax 12 manual box specs

Post by stereo_dave »

Hi to all === Does anyone have an original XMAX users manual with enclosure specs ? Looking for the bandpass volumes. Anyone ?? First version NOT v.2
Thanks in advance. Yes i know this is a 25 + year old driver. I have a couple that have been on the shelf Many years, and the time has come to resurrect them. Cant lay my hands on the manual. Yes there is a difference between original and v.2
Thanks again.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: old school xmax 12 manual box specs

Post by ttocs »

what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stereo_dave

Post by stereo_dave »

Thank You, BUT the xmax 12 has specs only, not the enclosure info ?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

in the specs pdf, yes that is all there is but if you look below that at the specs/boxes pdf it has all the box parameters you need

http://www.phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic. ... 9e460c0#qr
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stereo_dave

Post by stereo_dave »

Thank You for attempting to be helpful. If I were to design a box from scratch. The T/S parameters would be all I need. However, the recommended enclosure sizes for the bandpass are not the same for v1 and V.2 drivers. The enclosure sizes pdf is for the V.2 == the driver specs are different. (otherwise it would just be the one version)
Unless someone can supply an owners manual or the enclosure sizes contained in said manual, this thread may as well be closed.

I have googled hours scouring the nooks and crannies and come up empty handed. I may as well do the math and design it from scratch. Thanks
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

They are the same for both the V1 and V2. The changes made were minor no T/S affecting changes. One is the tinsel leads are now insulated and the surround is a different rubber type, but with the same properties as the last. I know you'll be ok running both together (If you had them, I know you stated both are V1), but I rad 2 XMAX 10's for years in the same ported box. One V1, one V2.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998