ZXti help

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

ZXti help

Post by ttocs »

I installed a stereo for a friend the last few weeks I was in town before moving to phoenix WAAAAAAAY back in 2001. He has taken good care of the truck and the stereo and I am pretty proud to say its still rocking today, although I am replacing a tweeter that is blown now. It was a fairly simple system with a line driver and only 2 channels of rca's going back to a zx400 that powers a ID165 6.5" comp set. The cr/oss over is set to high pass and we used the through output then to go to a bass cube and then to the other zx400 powering a single ID10. I noticed that with a slight adjustment of the first 400's cross over or gain that the signal suddenly turns to straight loud bass/feedback noise. Any idea on what could be going out to cause this? It all still plays as normal till it touched and then its so loud I am afraid its going to blow something and can't turn it down fast enough. Any help
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vwdude

Re: ZXti help

Post by vwdude »

With the system off, take that pot that's causing that and turn it clock to clock about 20 times. Those pots get dirty.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.