Thoughts on These

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Untraceable79

Thoughts on These

Post by Untraceable79 »

Nichicon UBY1E103MHL.

Nichicon UHW0J153MHD

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Thoughts on These

Post by ttocs »

nichicon is good stuff as long as the temp and voltage ratings are good. Now for those specific caps I do not know.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Untraceable79

Post by Untraceable79 »

I had just seen where they said it was new. I'm new to this but it looks like they have the same dimensions, they'll fit and meet the criteria. I have a old Ms 2125 and they MS 2250ta that I want to redo. But I definitely don't want to hurt them just wonder if it would like to update them with the latest technology.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

Now I did a search on those two you mentioned specifically. The first one is a nice cap but the higher temp rating isn't really needed and I have heard mixed reactions to raising the capacitance value. I am personally recapping 4 2250s now and I used these as they are almost exactly what is coming out of them. I am not going to pretend I know better then the PG engineers from way back.

https://www.mouser.com/productdetail/ni ... h4qw%3D%3D

I have heard of people saying how much better an amp sounded to them after swapping the caps but its hard to do a proper A-B test on an amp before/after the swap with out lab testing data and realistically if people can hear the small differences made to the circuit they are just better audiophiles then my golden ears allow me to be :) We swap the caps out to keep them from exploding and yes of course while we are there why not throw in the best right? I have been on that same path myself so I can't knock it but for 1/3 the price with no real improvement in sound I could only justify it if the cap lasts 3x as long which it might but I know when I swap caps I am hoping its the last time its needed.

I am about to order the rail caps I need for those 2250s. Also don't forget to swap out the 1.5k ohm high watt resistors while your in there.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.