Technical information

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
lilviper

Technical information

Post by lilviper »

Does anyone have the schematics for the zx or ms series amps?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Technical information

Post by ttocs »

there are a few that have schematics. When we were able to get them it was on the agreement not to release them to the general public as it was often more of a favor to help someone out. If you just need to know specific component values we would be happy to help if we know what you need and there are a few on here that are good at helping with circuit board repairs. In general we are more then happy to help get old gear back up and running but with out being a regular here its not likely that they would just hand the schematics over. They are generally only given to authorized repair places even after they are out of production.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

Hmm.. I sort of understand that logic, but the other side of my head screams even patents are only valid for 20 years! were these amps patented at any point?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

not sure but it is what it is. I have been in the electronics industry for a long time in a few different areas and never known any company to simply pass out schematics to anyone that asks. Like I said if you just need specific values for resistors or parts let us know what they are and generally someone can help. If its more specific circuit board repairs there are others that are good at helping with that as well.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.