Ti3 1600.6

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
chicago-regal

Ti3 1600.6

Post by chicago-regal »

So I’ve been patiently waiting for the Ti3 1600.6 to come out, I've been stalking the PG website for it to be included in the line up of their amps but to no luck. Messaged phoenix gold and they gave me a mid-April release date. It is now mid May and nothing. So I searched their site again yesterday and there it was, Zen9. $2999.99. Online only. How can I get one of these? Couldn’t figure out how. But it got me thinking, would a Ti3 1600.6 and a Ti3 1200.4 be a better choice. Thats 10 channels vs 9 amd cheaper. Some input from the experts would be great. Thanx.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Ti3 1600.6

Post by ttocs »

unfortunately they have not been reliable at all on their release dates. The zen was shows for the first time 4-5 yrs ago at sema saying next year they would be out and that dragged out finally till this last year. There have been people that put money down on them years ago and hopefully they are taken care of. So waiting for a specific model to come out I am not sure I can recommend. I also do not know what your plans are for speakers so saying what would be the best option is hard. The zen is supposed to be a nice amp and I had my heart set on getting one years ago but could not get my dealer to ever care really.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vwdude

Re: Ti3 1600.6

Post by vwdude »

To answer your question, yes. I personally would prefer two amps versus one large one, and the ti3series has similar styling as the zen.

The zen is great to add to the collection, especially considering the story behind it.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.