Capacitor question

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Silverhorse

Capacitor question

Post by Silverhorse »

I want to keep my PG collection in good condition. To do this I want to change not only the big PSU caps but also the little ones.
Most amps I have are the M / MS / ZPA series (ZPA is my biggest collection). Some caps have shrunken folies. Can anyone give me advise what are the best options to replace these?
Would Panasonis FC series for example a good option? Did PG use different caps for signal path / PSU or did they use one type for all applications?
Most of the caps have blue colors. It would be nice that the replacement caps are also blue if possible just to stay as close as possible to the original (yes I know this sounds crazy :roll: )
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Capacitor question

Post by ttocs »

nichicon is the brand everyone seems to love
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

ttocs wrote:nichicon is the brand everyone seems to love
What he said^^^^^^^

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Mr. Wild

Post by Mr. Wild »

I like Panasonic FC series. They are not original color, but I think the blue/gold color is perfect on the gold circuit board.

The big rail caps should only be changed by someone who really knows how to (de)solder and has the appropriate equipment.

There is hardly any electrolytic caps in the signal path. In M-series there is one per channel, MS might have a few more. But I'm not sure which make they are.
--
M50, MS275, MPS2500, ZX450, ZPA0.3
Silverhorse

Post by Silverhorse »

thanks for the replies.
Does anyone know how many electrolyte caps there are in the signal path for the ZPA amps?