Choice amplifier

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

Its a straight in connection I.E. no gain control and bass boost, RCA connections. but you could add the RCAs on the board and hard wire if you like and drill the case for them.
marko

Post by marko »

i'm not too keen on drilling holes in my beloved route66 but this is what i wish mine looked like, a straight 6 channels with no complex messing about with cross overs etc..

i want to control all cross over duties through my ppi frx456.
Attachments
route66.jpg
route66.jpg (427.39 KiB) Viewed 6667 times
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

I believe v"twisted" has a one of a kind 66 like your asking about. Try PM'ing him and ask. I replaced the caps in it last year, I don't know if he still has it, but it was built this way by PG, a custom one off .....C
gentlejax2

Post by gentlejax2 »

R-acer wrote:I am a huge fan of both PG and Zapco... I have bought a few PG amps recently including that very rare original MS1000 from Tristan, mostly to have in my collection, but in my install to be used everyday, Its going to be Zapco, 100% no question. 9.0 on subs and 4.0 for mid/highs, you cant beat Zapco. :twisted:
you had better be careful around here with that....not going to let you in the club with those kinds of remarks...

Big C is kinda partial to his PG....dont want to ruffle his feathers...j/j
99 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo
R-acer

Post by R-acer »

gentlejax2 wrote:
R-acer wrote:I am a huge fan of both PG and Zapco... I have bought a few PG amps recently including that very rare original MS1000 from Tristan, mostly to have in my collection, but in my install to be used everyday, Its going to be Zapco, 100% no question. 9.0 on subs and 4.0 for mid/highs, you cant beat Zapco. :twisted:
you had better be careful around here with that....not going to let you in the club with those kinds of remarks...

Big C is kinda partial to his PG....dont want to ruffle his feathers...j/j
:P :P
Well if it makes you feel better, I am going to try and stuff the 2 MS2250's in the install to run the mid's and high's...... but no question, C2K 9.0 on subs :twisted:

Space might be tight for the 2 big MS's though....so...

original Nickel MS1000 SOLD :(
Zapco 9.0 & 4.0 installed ;)
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

Well if it makes you feel better, I am going to try and stuff the 2 MS2250's in the install to run the mid's and high's...... but no question, C2K 9.0 on subs Twisted Evil

Space might be tight for the 2 big MS's though....so...

I could live with this.. At least when your bass amp blows you will still have something to listen to using the MS amps. :wink:
In fact it sounds fairly intelligent going this way with your setup. I have no doubts about the SQ factors now, and just about any amp can run bassline, Perhaps the Zapco will deliver the power your looking to utilize in your system for bass.

PS in my mind any amp can bass as long as its reliable. I base this on the limited bandwidth needed and the fact most people can't discern SQ differences in bass amps, again due to its reduced bandwidth thing, Its all about reliable power in sub service, and not much else in my mind anyway. I wish you well on your system, may it pound and play reliably foir many years to come...Amen :pray:
paculprit

i love my xs series

Post by paculprit »

i never hear of the xs series,i have a 4600 powering my mb quarts the sound is goosebumping at times,a little pink floyd,or some madonna and i can live in my car lol,
mb quart psc 216"s,for front stage,dkc 116"s for rear fill,eclipse 55430,head unit,xs4600 for front stage and rear fill,soundstream eg 10 x (2)subs and xs2500 to power them,all in my 1984 chevy cavalier type 10 hatchback lol,
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

Dude , whats with bringing back dead posts from 3 years ago.....
AKA Shaheenk
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

shaheen wrote:Dude , whats with bringing back dead posts from 3 years ago.....
LoL :twisted:

Maybe he just really got into the thread and didnt even think to look at the last-post date... happens to me all the time.

:doh:
paculprit

having fun

Post by paculprit »

DUDE is it bothering you that bad?
mb quart psc 216"s,for front stage,dkc 116"s for rear fill,eclipse 55430,head unit,xs4600 for front stage and rear fill,soundstream eg 10 x (2)subs and xs2500 to power them,all in my 1984 chevy cavalier type 10 hatchback lol,
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

Naaa, not really, I just see a lot of old posts being bumped.
AKA Shaheenk
paculprit

its all good

Post by paculprit »

its all good,another fine day to turn up the volume