Alpine CDA-9887

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ELmx479

Alpine CDA-9887

Post by ELmx479 »

What do you guys think of the 9887? I ordered one, I was just going to get a basic head unit but I have no space for an EQ or anything else so I figured this might give me everything I need all in the dash.
crx4spl

Post by crx4spl »

hows it going to be in the dash that unit has no built in eq, its a seperate unit....
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

crx4spl wrote:hows it going to be in the dash that unit has no built in eq, its a seperate unit....
If you like to tweak your sound, this is the head unit for you. It gives you 6 channels of Digital Time Correction, 3-way or 2-way crossover, 7-band graphic EQ or 5-band parametric EQ. You can manually toggle between the CDA-9887 default sound setting and IMPRINT to tune your sound the way you want.

I think right now this is alpines best head unit for the price with the 24 bit D/A converter the sound quality should be excellent. Your gonna love this deck.
Last edited by gridracer on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ELmx479

Post by ELmx479 »

Thats the 9886, the 9887 has a built in EQ, crossover's and time correction.
ELmx479

Post by ELmx479 »

gridracer wrote:
crx4spl wrote:hows it going to be in the dash that unit has no built in eq, its a seperate unit....
If you like to tweak your sound, this is the head unit for you. It gives you 6 channels of Digital Time Correction, 3-way or 2-way crossover, 7-band graphic EQ or 5-band parametric EQ. You can manually toggle between the CDA-9887 default sound setting and IMPRINT to tune your sound the way you want.

I think right now this is alpines best head unit for the price with the 24 bit D/A converter the sound quality should be excellent. Your gonna love this deck.
Thats good to hear, I plan on renting the Imprint after I have everything installed. So do I just set my amps to bypass and use the crossover's in the head unit?
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Try it both ways to see what you prefer,I myself use an electronic 3 way crossover so I can't say which would be better. I am leaning toward the head unit crossovers though.
ELmx479

Post by ELmx479 »

gridracer wrote:Try it both ways to see what you prefer,I myself use an electronic 3 way crossover so I can't say which would be better. I am leaning toward the head unit crossovers though.
Ok, will do. The PG ti amps have pretty good crossover's (to me anyway)
Do you know what the crossover adjustments are? 60,65,70, etc?
crx4spl

Post by crx4spl »

whats this for?

IMPRINT sound tuning technology
Load the supplied software onto your laptop PC, connect it to the KTX-100EQ via the included USB cable, and you're ready to adjust your system. Let the computer set the adjustments, or use the software to do it manually. You'll find a built-in 3-band parametric equalizer, manual crossover controls, and manual time-correction controls as well.

So it can still adjust the tone without this? I have one but have not used it and had thought I had to buy that to adjust the tone. I just bought it for my competiton vehicle.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

crx4spl wrote:whats this for?

IMPRINT sound tuning technology
Load the supplied software onto your laptop PC, connect it to the KTX-100EQ via the included USB cable, and you're ready to adjust your system. Let the computer set the adjustments, or use the software to do it manually. You'll find a built-in 3-band parametric equalizer, manual crossover controls, and manual time-correction controls as well.

So it can still adjust the tone without this? I have one but have not used it and had thought I had to buy that to adjust the tone. I just bought it for my competiton vehicle.
its auto tune system...it tunes your car for you. Go to DIYMAaudio.com and check ti out tons of reviews on the unit and the imprint tech.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?