Bass Cube Remotes

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ferrariboy150

Post by ferrariboy150 »

Could i get in on this or is it too late???
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

ferrariboy150 wrote:Could i get in on this or is it too late???
I will have to count components. I know I ordered extras of several of the inexpensive parts, but I didn't get extra pots, switches, or mod jacks. I will let you know as soon as I have time to inventory.

I got 8 pcb's cut on Wednesday. I went on to drill them and broke 4 freaking carbide micro drills. I don't know why just yet that they are all the sudden snapping. I have not had this issue before. I ended up shutting the mill down for the night rather than break my last few drill. I was going to take another stab at it yesterday afternoon.

I turned the mill on yesterday, and kept popping the circuit breaker for the 80Vdc power supply. After checking a bunch of crap, I found my bridge rectifier went bad and shorted the mains together... I popped another one on the heat sink, and got it powered up and running again, but I didn't have any time left to run it. So, I will likely get back to it next Monday when I am off work again...

Later,
Jason
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Those carbide bits can't be cheap, and they damn well better not be coming out of your pocket!
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

stipud wrote:Those carbide bits can't be cheap, and they damn well better not be coming out of your pocket!
They aren't too bad. About $4 for good ones. Breaking tooling is part of running machines. If I put some on ebay, I will pass the expense to those guys :D

Later,
Jason
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

Got 6 decent boards out of the 8. A few of them were cut a little too deep, and I lost some tracks. Some of the 6 are better than others, but they are all serviceable. I have two boards populated. I should have the other 4 that are milled populated and soldered up tomorrow. Here is a picture of the new board. Everyone okay with it before I keep going with them?

The solder isn't perfect, and I apologize, but some of the solder pads didn't come out the greatest due to the boards being milled a little too deep. They do work fine though, and none of the components are going to come loose.

Later,
Jason
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Holy shit man, you are a saint. Those look awesome!
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Looks good.
denim

Post by denim »

Wow, very nice work!
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

Okay, I have five done. Two red led, two yellow led, and one blue led. I will PM the first 5 on the list tonight for shipping address, and will send you back the total. I am going to call the price of each remote $10. No one ever told me a specific color, so if something suits you better than another in the pile, let me know.

Later,
Jason
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

You gonna do more or is this it?
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

I counted up parts yesterday, and everything I bought is spoken for, including one remote for myself.

If time permits once I get these done, I will order more and make a batch for eBay. If I do, I will offer them to the phorum members for the same price. It could be some time though, I have already been about 2.5 months to get this far.

Later,
Jason
marko

Post by marko »

i can't remember how far up that list i was but i wouldn't mind a blue led one :D i'm not fussy though and in no rush so whatever and whenever suits me fine 8)

thanks mark.
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

PMed the first five of you all. The remaining boards still need milled. Number 6 I mentioned above out of this batch was not salvageable. It could be a few more weeks, but we are in the home stretch.

Oh, and a very important NOTE: If you need to buy a phone cord for your remote, be very careful what you buy. First, a large percentage of modular phone cords now only come with 2 wires, instead of the needed four. This is because a single line phone only uses the two inner wires, and manufacturers will do anything to save a damn buck. I found this the hard way, by digging through a box of phone cords in my basement to get one to test the prototype. I went through about 30 cords, and only had one with all four conductors. Second, make sure that the cord you buy does not flip the wiring between the two connectors. I found this the hard way too. I bought a cord for more testing since I butchered the old one to fit the incorrect mod jack, and had to have a new one for testing. The one I bought had the wires YGRB on one end and BRGY on the other, needless to say, the remote will not work like this. You can see the color code through the plastic plug. If you hold them end to end as if they were to plug into each other, they should both be in the same order. Again, it makes virtually no difference to the telephone, but it has to be a straight through path for the BC remote to work. I have seen similar wiring in "null" ethernet rj45 cables, but never in a phone cable before.

I am going to try to make it over to radio shack in the next few days to get a good cable, I still have to test all of these remotes. If I find something satisfactory, I will pass along the part number. If they don't have anything either, I will buy some wire and modular plugs and crimp up cables for you guys too.

Thanks,
Jason
denim

Post by denim »

Jason, thank you for all your work. Replied to the PM's. :)
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Slap my name on that list if you don't mind. I can be at the bottom as I'm trying to break the habit of using it so much. Pure SQ has taken over, I just want it for the "MOMENT".
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

Hey guys, thought you might want an update. I do have all of these that were ready, checked out. I told the guys I have touched base with, that they would ship early this week. Needless to say, it didn't happen. I have them all packed, and addressed, but I was counting on getting out of work a few hours early on Tuesday to get to the post office, but the guy who was going to cover my shift for me bailed out, and I didn't have another opportunity. We have had a serious oh fuck go down at work, and I managed to land 7 12 hour shift in a row. I went into work before the PO opened all week, and left work after they closed.

So, here is my big appology. I am off Monday-Thursday next week, so they will definitely ship out then. I am not letting them tack any more days onto my shift, even if the sky falls!

Thanks for understanding. I will let you all know when they go out.

Later,
Jason
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Thanks for the update.
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

All of the first five remotes have shipped except Denim's. Denim, if you read this, I need your address. I sent you a PM a week ago saying I still needed it.

If any of you know how to get a hold of him, please give him a call or drop him an email asking him to get a hold of me. I suspect he hasn't been on the board much lately.

Thanks,
Jason
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

He probably checks the SSA forums quite regularly. He's also a member on pretty much every other forum out there :lol:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Cool I'll be looking, now I need some sheet metal to make the box for it or some kind of mount.
denim

Post by denim »

Jacampb2 wrote:All of the first five remotes have shipped except Denim's. Denim, if you read this, I need your address. I sent you a PM a week ago saying I still needed it.

If any of you know how to get a hold of him, please give him a call or drop him an email asking him to get a hold of me. I suspect he hasn't been on the board much lately.

Thanks,
Jason
Replied, I was out of town for a few days and way behind on messages and emails. :D
denim

Post by denim »

stipud wrote:He probably checks the SSA forums quite regularly. He's also a member on pretty much every other forum out there :lol:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php
I hope the owner would check SSA. :wink:
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

NP mang, pm'ed ya back, it will be on it's way to you tomorrow.

Later,
Jason
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

ya was about to say if Denim didnt want his i'll take it! ;)
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

and then, and not to sound pressed or anything, but let us know when you think the next number of folks on the "list" might be next.. couple/few weeks or whathaveyou. Not in any rush, just curious and excited to have... excited to hear how everybodys new remotes work out too!
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums