Any info on Orion XTR comps?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
phoenix_rising

Any info on Orion XTR comps?

Post by phoenix_rising »

Bit off topic...but i was just wondering what peoples views were on the old skool Orion XTR comps...they wern't a very well covered brand over here in the UK and ive just picked a set up for $30 and was wondering whether they lived up to the reputation that the orion XTR amps obviously had... Any info would be useful. Cheers.
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

I knew a guy that competed in IASCA with them. They sounded pretty good. Not great but pretty good. He wasn't the best at tuning so that could've been part of it. But for $30 bucks .... I think you'll be happy!
Greg Kitching
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

are we talking the older co-incident drivers or the XTR with the poly cones and orion logo.
AKA Shaheenk
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

This is the set... anyone know of em?
Attachments
DSC00412.jpg
DSC00412.jpg (857.94 KiB) Viewed 3360 times
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

oh I know those, very nice, more set up for SPL type and good sounding cars, not catered for SPL , but has a very nice tweeter on them , the x-over design is a simple one, but in the right enclosure they sound really good, do not need big power either.

Good buy for $30
AKA Shaheenk
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Cheers guys for the input... anyone know what they retailed for back in the day?
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

AFAIK $299
AKA Shaheenk
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Cheers for the info guys... what are the chances that someone actually has a spec sheet or manual for these comps?... couldnt find it on the orion site although to be fair i am typing this from work so didnt get much of a chance to trawl the site.
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

AKA Shaheenk
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Cheers for all the help guys... And thanks Shaheen for the manual link... most appreciated!