Ebay Advise

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
J275

Ebay Advise

Post by J275 »

I recently sold an amp on Ebay. The amp was well packaged. The buyer is claiming the amp mount was severely bent and something is rattling on the inside. I am planning to have him return the amp and I will refund the money. What are you opinons on how to handle this situation?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Shipping insurance! It's usually included, and very cheap to add hundreds of dollars of coverage. This is exactly what it's meant to cover.
mmmadog

Post by mmmadog »

Thats a hard one. I would have him show proof of your package and the damage it has. Plus if the package had damage when he received it he should of said something than. Contact the carrier that you used to ship with. They can be a pain to deal with sometimes. Best of all dont loose your temper with the person and try and work something out with him...
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

if it was damaged when it arrived, visibly on exterior of box, it should of been return to sender form the get go, thats how it works in the regular retail world, and thats what id do, and hope someone would do if i sold them an amp, that way they cant give you bad feedback-
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'
Delftenaar

Post by Delftenaar »

My advise would be; make pics BEFORE you ship it :wink:

I have had a few times buyers owned a damaged unit and bought mine and later claimed mine arrived damaged (and then showed pics of their old stuff :twisted: )
Audison VRX 1.500.2
Audison VRX 4.300.2
Audison VRX 6.420.2
Genesis Four channel
Genesis Four channel
Genesis DM200
PPI 430iX
Crossfire vr404
Rockford 1051s
Rockford 851x
Steg K2.01
Steg K2.01